X

Weird wind problem.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird wind problem.

I have a 89 600 kat (1st bike) that boggs down when the wind is blowing from the right side, I have to pretty much have it at full throttle to keep it going. And once I pass something that blocks the wind (like a house or underpass) it takes off, but once it gets back into the open it boggs down again. I first thought it was because the fairing on that side was broken (huge hole in the side) and it was getting to much air/not enough fuel. But now I have complete ones on and it continues to do so. I also experimented with covering part of the hole by sliding my leg forward and it helped. Please HELP!
    You're the [Gal] that'll be sneaking out of your bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to look at your bike.
    ~Paul Teutul, Sr., American Chopper
    sigpic
    1989 GSX600F - Street Fighter (http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118973)

Originally posted by Moto_Goosie View Post
    I have a 89 600 kat (1st bike) that boggs down when the wind is blowing from the right side, I have to pretty much have it at full throttle to keep it going. And once I pass something that blocks the wind (like a house or underpass) it takes off, but once it gets back into the open it boggs down again. I first thought it was because the fairing on that side was broken (huge hole in the side) and it was getting to much air/not enough fuel. But now I have complete ones on and it continues to do so. I also experimented with covering part of the hole by sliding my leg forward and it helped. Please HELP!

Make sure the boots are on the carbs good and tight. They are tough to get on if you don't know the tricks.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Dammit. I do admin in the colo-rectal clinic at a hospital. I read the description and though I could FINALLY answer a question on here.

Oh well..............

Comment

Goosie,

Had identical problems - even the leg trick! in my case it was down to a dirty or poorly sealing air filter, not sure which. I replaced mine and the problem went away. If you are due a new one soon, it may be worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
          Dammit. I do admin in the colo-rectal clinic at a hospital. I read the description and though I could FINALLY answer a question on here.

Oh well..............

R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Q: Air filter type, brand?

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post

Oh well..............

There are so many jokes here I don't even know where to start...
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

^_^ I probably could have worded the title a little better lol. But thanks guys! I was going to take a look at it today but its pouring outside and supposed to tomorrow so it has now become a Friday project, that and the parts store has to order me a filter, so it's even more of a wait. I doubt the one on it currently is any good. I know I haven't changed it.
                You're the [Gal] that'll be sneaking out of your bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to look at your bike.
                ~Paul Teutul, Sr., American Chopper
                sigpic
                1989 GSX600F - Street Fighter (http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118973)

Comment

Working...
                X