new rider quick question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rider quick question

well 2 questions

Ok im sitting at the light ive had my kat for 6 days now and everytime i put it into first it gives a hard click and jumps about half an inch. ive ridden ninja 250's and an 81 shadow niether of them did this. clutch was depressed all the way the chain is kinda tight but taking care of that soon.

2nd question. when i hit around 6k rpm the bike develops a flutter like rev and im hearing popping sound. i do work on cars and im thinking its the valves or i need a tunup wich im planning on today. but i would like to hear some opinions incase i am wrong (wich happens quite a bit lol) plus seems like you guys and girls are the pros on kats. thanks

The little lurch when you shift into 1st is normal. Don't sweat it. Try running some seafoam or Techron through the bike a couple times. See if that fixes the problem.

You don't say what kind of miles are on your bike, but even so...you may want to do a tune up on it. Change the oil, plugs, valve adjust, carb sync.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Quick questions, quick answers... +1 on the tune-up. First thing I do if there's anything funky going on with the bike is check all the adjustments and replace filters. Make sure everything you can affect easily is right before you go looking for trouble.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

oh there is 13890 on bike

Comment

Working...
        X