X

vacuum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum

any one know what kind of vacuum these carbs pull im looking to get some gauges to make a different sinc tool (not happy with the manifold on the bottle tool) but want to make sure that the guages i get will be within range

oh yah if it helps 93 750
    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

From what I understand, the specific amount of vacuum each cylinder generates is not necessarily important. What is important is that each cylinder is pulling the same vacuum across the board.
    "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

yah i know i just don't want to buy 4 gauges and have them bottomed out because they don't read high enough to keep up with the kat

i have two choices

Warehouse distributor for many top name manufacturers. Parker Hydraulics, Hypro Pumps, Prince Hydraulics. Direct from the factory. Surplus equipment. We buy large quantities of manufacturer's surplus or excess stock.

or

30 2 Dry Vacuum Gauge LM Dynamic CDS-5V-000A, Pressure & Vacuum Gauges, 30 2 DRY VACUUM GAUGE LM, VACUUM GAUGE Brand new. High quality vacuumDynamic,CDS-5V-000A ,

both have there own scales so its hard to compare apples to apples

Comment

Before you purchase...

Vacuum created on the bike is a pulsating vacuum. Any guage you purchase to use with this must be set up to compensate for the pusating action... otherwise your needles will just jump all over the place and you will not be able to read it.

Vacuum is not much, I believe the 30psi guage would be enough if you can compensate for the pulse.

You do not need 4, only 2 guages are really needed. Sync 3-4, then sync 1-2, then sync 1-3.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

grrrrrrr forgot about the pulsing and the only lf gauge they have isn't graduated enough for a sinc

Comment

Hey, If you need assistance let me know, I've got a carbtune.

Comment

im rebuilding my sobe test bottle manifold to some thing more "accurate in my mind" than i have seen on others bottle carb sinc tools if im not fealing it when im done then i might have to barrow that carbtune some thing about the shared oil flow doesnt mesh quite right and till the pulsing came up the guages were cheep enought to try out

Comment

If you look carefully at the gauge faces you'll notice that they both measure 0 to -100 kPa/0-30 inHg. They're the same scale. According to my Morgan, I draw anywhere from 12-26 cmHg or .5-1 inHg depending on RPM, etc. Those gauges won't work for you at all. The whole pulsing thing is dealt with by having a restrictor in each of the connection tubes. That turns the rest of the tubes' lengths into a vacuum reservoir. That should work for your Sobe bottle thing, too.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X