X

no power at all now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power at all now

I got a 96 kat 600.number 3 plug kept fouling out,so done all the steps in my last post,i pulled the carbs and read (carbs 101)doing it step by step
    when i got to my a/m screw it was out 3.5 turns.so i set them back to 1.75 now i have no power at all.it is all stock.just put a set of headers on it.should i turn the screws back to where they where? thanks for any help in this matter
    I luv the 90s 96&92 KaT 600

I don't understand, is the entire bike stock or did you put a new pair of aftermarket headers on it?

Comment

Whaddya mean "no power at all" ? Llike bike won't start , or won't even TRY to start ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The bike is stock,only headers are aftermarket,it has no power on take off,it seams to not be running on all four,its more like only two cyclenders are hitting
        I luv the 90s 96&92 KaT 600

Comment

What do the plugs look like?
          The pilot jets are probably still dirty.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Indeed , if it "sounds like it's running on 2" , then likely a couple of the plugs'll be black . Report back which ones they is , and that soemtimes can help narrow down the "why" ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I thought the a/f screws were set from the factory around 2 1/2 turns out. Most people turn out to 2 3/4-3 1/4 turns with stock exhaust just to richen it up a bit. With an aftermarket full exhaust it might be running way lean if it still has stock jets.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X