X

oil light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil light

my oil light came on when i first started the bike. i just changed the oil and im not to sure where to start to figure out why its on. i just adjusted the valves could something have happened when i did that? where do i start? any help would be nice.

I think when you changed the oil it caused an air bubble in the oil line or rail , for a second it had no oil press because of the bubble.
    2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Does it stay light after the bike starts? It is normal for it to come on when you turn the ignition to "on" but it should go out a second or two after you start the bike. It can take a couple of seconds longer to go out after an oil change but it should still go out relatively quickly once the engine is started.

I would check the pressure sensor (underneath the ignition rotor); something could have happened when you were rotating the engine during the valve adjustment. Make sure the wired connection is tight.
      "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

Working...
      X