X

More Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Power

I have a yosh pipe with dynojet and an advancer and iridium plugs. I want more power whats the best (seriously) way go get some more area under the curve? it's an 03 with 10xxx miles

Horsepower comes from airflow & compression. Nitrous would be the easiest "bolt on" for you but if you don't know what you are doing, you can destroy the motor in about 15 seconds or less! For longevity, the best power would be headwork, cams & bigger pistons, along with someRS34s or FCR33s. Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Seriously... I would consider a larger engine swapped in like from a bandit 1200, with it being built in a way as Ray mentioned. If your going through all that trouble, why not start with that extra step?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by GSX600FDryden View Post
        I have a yosh pipe with dynojet and an advancer and iridium plugs. I want more power whats the best (seriously) way go get some more area under the curve? it's an 03 with 10xxx miles
        '03 Kat (applies to any 98-06):

Resell the DynoJet kit and install an Ivan's. Yes, the difference will be noticeable. Make sure you go back to the OEM diaphragm springs in the process.

Move to an oil with lower pumping penalty, such as a motorcycle race oil.

Change your riding habits to put the bike in the peak torque area while you ride (shift later).

Other than that, it's bigger engine or different bike time if you want more torque.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X