X

Help number 3 keeps fouling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help number 3 keeps fouling

I got a 1996 Kat 600.all stock,It is a project for me and my son,and it runs like a top.But every 4 or 5 days number 3 plug fouls,I am using Auto lite Plugs(1.50$)I know cheep lol..do you think that is the problem..Its done this 2 times and always on number 3 thanx for any info
    I luv the 90s 96&92 KaT 600

Well I know the NGK's are more (I paid $4.50 last time) but if they work all season....

Why is it fouling? Oil or Gas? Riding or idle? Maybe you have a sticking float?

Comment

I would only ever use NGKs when NGK was installed at the factory.

Try that first.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Do a compression test on all 4 cylinders to eliminate that #2 is a bad cylinder. If compression is more than 20-30 psi lower than the others, it is probably oil fouling. If the compression is good, look at the carbs. You might even have an issue with the spark plug cap causing a weak spark. Troubleshooting these things is just a process of elimination. Good luck, Ray.
        85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

compression IS GOOD ON ALL CYLENDERS,WHEN I PULLED THE PLUG IT IS BLACK I THINK ITS THE AIR MIX,WHEN I REV IT UP A SMALL AMOUNT OF BLACK SMOKE COMES OUT.IDLE IT RUNS FINE.I GOING TO GET A SET OF (NGK) RITE NOW IS PART#CR9EK RITE.........SORRY FOR ALL CAPS MY K/B IS SCREWD UP LOL
          I luv the 90s 96&92 KaT 600

Comment

The CR9EK are used in 98+ motors. I think the size is different for Pre.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I would test the carbs for a leaky float valve causing that carb to flood...
              set the fuel petcock to prime and see if it leaks fuel.....
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Seriously , it COULD be many things . Mine turned out to be a non-stock pilot jet . I mean , who changes pilot jets ? But it COULD be a sticking or dmagaed float , wrong pilot screw settings , missing/worn parts in the carb , sparkplug not seated tight enough , or just a loose plug wire . But wait , there's more .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X