Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

por -15 treatment starts tomorrow . any tips??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I did mine, I used concrete cleaner. I picked it up at Home Cheapo. I also used the BB's and I only did 2 hours of the rust removal but mine was not the worst but it came out spotless and have had no problems in 2 years

Comment

Be careful when you drain the prep chemical so that none gets on the tank paint. It may not eat all the paint but will leave some nice white streaks.

I used Por-15 on my tank two years ago and it still looks like new inside.

Bill

Comment

umm i did go a bit overboard .. maybe . oh well . when i went to shut off the hair dryer the damm tank was hot . i figured after a few hours of that along with an overniter should do the trick . yeah i have the tank sitting now and hope to have it on the bike this weekend so that would be 6 days of curing time for the sealant . some sealant did dripp on the bottom of the tank but it won't show . i think come this winter i'll take the tank off and store it inside the house instead of leaving it on the bike . i really don't trust the stabil and don'y want to clean carbs too much .

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo View Post
          i think come this winter i'll take the tank off and store it inside the house instead of leaving it on the bike . i really don't trust the stabil and don'y want to clean carbs too much .
          Now that you have the POR-15 in, it will never rust again. No need to drain and bring it in the house, although you could pull the petcock and just leave it open to the air if you wanted rather than dealing with old fuel come spring

Would recommend running the carbs dry before parking it up though... just pull the vacuum tube to the petcock and let the engine run until it sputters out from lack of fuel...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X