X

stripped tamper-free torx bolt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stripped tamper-free torx bolt

so heres the thing...going to take the two tamper-free torx bolts that hold the steering column to the ignition switch(or whatever its called) got the first on out, went to the next one and my bit wasnt going in right, so i look under and the mother ****er is stripped...tryed the hammer beating method and came out with nothing...ideas?
    2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Drill the head off
    "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Can you cut it with a hacksaw (to use a big flathead driver)? Or a dremel?
      Other method would be to try and drill it and use an ease out.
      Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

I took a flat blade screwdriver and kept hitting it until I hammered a slot in the screw head. Then I unscrewed them and replaced them with hex head screws.

Comment

lefty drill bit?
          "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

extractor bit?
            "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

hey man whetever works lol...but i drilled the heads off mine went smoothly. Id suggest putting locktite on the bolts after making sure the new ignition works lol..unless you want someone to just take your bike off your hands in under 30 sec..then again if they really want it there isnt much you can do so it may not be worth the hassle lol

Comment

WOW im shocked the hammer the crap out of it method didnt seem to work out for ya!!! Sounds like you need an extractor kit for your tool box. It woulda saved you a whole lotta time and agg!!!
                Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-30-2009, 12:53 AM.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I cut into it with a Dremel to make a slot , then backed it out with a screwdriver . Ended up with a cut in the bottom of the top clamp , but you can't see that anyway .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If all else fails Cut the F**ker!!! Thats how we do!!!
                    Joker
                    The newest addition to the Family!
                    sigpic
                    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                    X