X

Katana/Gixxer 1100

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana/Gixxer 1100

Ok, I have recently done up a massive transformation to my Katana by putting in a 1052 Gixxer motor in it. However the 1052 is far from stock now and is going to run in the range of 170-175rwhp.
    I have been looking through the site for many hours now and I have yet to really find a hard lined answer to a few questions I have. Those questions are:

1. Would a complete exhaust system (headers and all) from a GSRX fit into my Katana frame with little to no modifications?

2. I want to keep the dual exhausts, so is there a system that will fit in my Katana fram and still have dual exhausts?

I really want to hear this thing run and my 1.25" diameter 750 pipes just won't cut the amount of flow I now have coming out of that head.
    1996 Suzuki Katana 750
    Gixxer 1100 (141.6hp at the wheel)
    '08 Hayabusa Front End Swap

Originally posted by Superloki24 View Post
    Ok, I have recently done up a massive transformation to my Katana by putting in a 1052 Gixxer motor in it. However the 1052 is far from stock now and is going to run in the range of 170-175rwhp.
    I have been looking through the site for many hours now and I have yet to really find a hard lined answer to a few questions I have. Those questions are:

1. Would a complete exhaust system (headers and all) from a GSRX fit into my Katana frame with little to no modifications?

2. I want to keep the dual exhausts, so is there a system that will fit in my Katana fram and still have dual exhausts?

I really want to hear this thing run and my 1.25" diameter 750 pipes just won't cut the amount of flow I now have coming out of that head.
    1. If the headers bolt up, there shouldn't be much interferance from the frame. Perhaps a mounting point for the can might need to be adjusted.

2. Not that I know of right off hand, but a simple solution with mild work to make a dual could be... run a y pipe off the collector of a 4-1, custom make 2 mid pipes from the y to either side of the bike, and mount up any cans you like. The new GSXR 1000 cans look nice, and there are dual stock cans for fitment to the left and right side of the bike.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

sweet I'd like to see some dyno sheets to prove that claim.

Comment

Get a local shop to replicate the original header in larger diameter pipe.
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

If you are being realistic about your power level, you will need to get a 4 into 1 as no one makes a performance 4 into 2. I know, I know, before anyone goes NUTS saying there ARE 4 into 2s, there are NOT any of the shelf 4 into 2s for this set-up to support the HP he SAYS it will make. There are MANY 4 into 1s. Ray.
          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Yeah, that was why I mentioned doing a Y pipe off a 4-1 and custom mid pipes. Primary flow restriction is at the headers to the collector... after that doesn't matter too much unless you go smaller pipe or too tight on the bends to restrict the flow.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

didnt the 89 - 92 GSXR 1100's come with 4 into 2 exhaust stock?
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

No . I was proven wrong for thinking that myself , too .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                  Doesn't matter if they DID! They weren't 175 at the back wheel like he says his will be. HUGE difference in air flow requirements! Ray.
                  85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                    Yes, yes they did...

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                      Doesn't matter if they DID! They weren't 175 at the back wheel like he says his will be. HUGE difference in air flow requirements! Ray.
                      I was gonna say that, but I'm tired of always being the one that tells everyone things only to have them tell I'm wrong.

Comment

Well I think the concept of 175 RWHP is a separate issue..

Facts are facts.. GSX-R1100's had 4-2..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                          Facts are facts.. GSX-R1100's had 4-2..
                          Damn , so somehow I managed to be wrong TWICE on the same subject .

First I said the were a 4-2 , someone said "no , look here ____ " , and I felt like an idiot . Now it happens AGAIN with the same bike . that's it , I quit .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            sweet I'd like to see some dyno sheets to prove that claim.
                            me too!

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            I was gonna say that, but I'm tired of always being the one that tells everyone things only to have them tell I'm wrong.
                            thats wrong.
                            Last edited by GSXfs600; 04-30-2009, 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                              as no one makes a performance 4 into 2. I know, I know, before anyone goes NUTS saying there ARE 4 into 2s, there are NOT any off the shelf 4 into 2s for this set-up to support the HP he SAYS it will make. There are MANY 4 into 1s. Ray.
                              Do some of you have trouble READING or do you just not pay attention to what is written?!!! I NEVER said there were no 4 into 2s now did I?!!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X