X

Transmission, it's out. Now what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nater123 View Post

You know the oring on the tops of the carbs by the vacums. If I didnt have any there do you think that would have created my iratic idle?
    Could have.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You know the oring on the tops of the carbs by the vacums. If I didnt have any there do you think that would have created my iratic idle?
      Yup. At least a massively contributing cause if not the cause.

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
      That fork is BENT! That's the ONLY way it gets worn like that in that area. Your trans MIGHT be ok but I just can't see well enough in the video or pics. Ray.
      Click the photo, then when the imageshack pic loads, click it again for a massive version.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 04-29-2009, 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Right on well good deal, Figure something new out each day I tell you. Thanks for all the help guys. I hope this thing just perrs when everything back together.

Cyber, whats the price for renting the motion pro? I know like 125 deposit or what not but 25 a week did you say?
        sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

Cyber, whats the price for renting the motion pro? I know like 125 deposit or what not but 25 a week did you say?
          $5/week plus postage and paypal fees on the total of those two.
          Details in the second post in this thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks. All be getting to that by next week hopefully, You should see the mess I have rate now. I have everything disassembled and in bags or labeled. I mean I have the front end off the rear and swing arm, engine in 100's of pieces and bolts. Im putting in the new tranny and shift forks and while im waiting for the parts to come sometime this week I stripped the frame so I can paint it. What a project I tell ya she better luv me after this one. haha.
            sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

If you've got the swingarm off a pre-98, this would be the obvious time to replace the swingarm bearings...

As for the frame, either powder-coat it, or use this stuff:
              POR-15 2K High Wear Urethane is an incredibly tough coating and is designed to meet the performance needs of various industries! Buy this 2-part coating now. Multiple colors including clear.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Could I prime and use a base at the top? I know that is anti rust and stuff but I am looking for ethier a gold or a chromish color. As you can see I have gold rims, black body with metal flake.

When are you getting new shift kits and how would they benefit me Cyber?

Thanks again!
                Last edited by nater123; 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

Could I prime and use a base at the top? I know that is anti rust and stuff but I am looking for ethier a gold or a chromish color. As you can see I have gold rims, black body with metal flake.
                  They have a dark and a light yellow version of that paint -- if you went to the webpage, you'd see the color choices further down.

When are you getting new shift kits and how would they benefit me Cyber?
                  I hope to have more in late this week (should have already arrived, but haven't)...

As for everything you ever wanted to know about shift indent kits, I slapped it into the Wiki here:

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    As for everything you ever wanted to know about shift indent kits, I slapped it into the Wiki here:

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Not included in the kit are the banjo bolt crush washers for the oil cooler hoses (which connect to the oil pan). If you remove the oil cooler hoses at the top (where they meet the cooler) instead of at the oil pan, this won't be an issue (the top connections use a rubber reuseable o-ring style gasket).
                    Now I read that! Duh!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

So I need new gaskets for the bottom oil lines from the cooler? Im waiting for my tran's, and couldnt be more excited to have everything run smooth and 2nd gear again . All update with pics, I painted the swing arm chrome and frame gold.
                      sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

So I need new gaskets for the bottom oil lines from the cooler?
                        If you removed the oil lines at the oil pan, yes, you need new copper crush washers for those bolts. They are an one-time use item.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Any clue were I might buy those? The top line on the side of heads leaked abit when I had the bike before I disassembled, is there one there too?

Is there any real way to see if my shift dogs are working properly when I put the new (used tranny and shift dogs in). The guys said they are good and will work and said I can return them if they don't but he hasnt ran the bike he got the engine from someone else and the money to me isn't the problem it would be assembling and disassembling a whole nother time.
                          sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

I've yet to replace my banjo bolt washers , and I've reused them MANY times . Not that my examples are always the greatest to follow . I mean , I DID ride into the side of a hill and slide headfirst into a tree last weekend .....
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                              I've yet to replace my banjo bolt washers , and I've reused them MANY times . Not that my examples are always the greatest to follow . I mean , I DID ride into the side of a hill and slide headfirst into a tree last weekend .....
                              WTF? How come this is the first I'm hearing of it... Are you OK?

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                                I mean , I DID ride into the side of a hill and slide headfirst into a tree last weekend .....
                                Ok.. How does one ride into the side of a hill? Last I knew, hills had up sides and down sides... not many walls to them.

As for sliding into the tree head first.. Well..... Since your here to tell this tale, I assume you bounced off the tree.

But yeah.. Fill us in on the details.
                                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X