pre 750 oil lines leaking a bit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre 750 oil lines leaking a bit

Hey!
    I have a little problem with my pre 750. It appears that one oil line that goes to the oil cooler is leaking a bit from the connection between stiff pipe and soft hose . Is the connection a screw in type or is it pressed?
    Deal is, do I have to buy a whole new line or is it possible to just tighten it a bit?

Those are crimped.. Good news is if you have a pipe cutter or cut off wheel you can cut out the flex line and put in new line. The OD of the hard line is 10mm, about 3/8 inch..

Comment

Okay, thank you.
      Then I'll go and bother someone at the hydraulics shop

Comment

Originally posted by Villu_EST View Post
        Okay, thank you.
        Then I'll go and bother someone at the hydraulics shop
        That's a good plan, The hose is just rubber like with some braid. No real pressure there. If you can get your hydraulic shop to crimp new lines using your ends that's a good plan, otherwise some hose and some hose clamps should work. I'm planning to replace mine with braided teflon. But only because it looks cool!

Comment

equally you can pick them up dirt cheap on places like ebay if the hydro guys cant help - good luk with it
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

I thought the Kat was supposed to leak oil from the front of the engine? Like a anti rusting feature?
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

You probably just need about a dozen new o-rings -- at $5 each from Suzuki! Oh, and you'll have to disconnect about 20 fittings, each with their own o-ring at $2.95 each that self-destruct every time you disconnect the fitting to get at the part you need to replace!
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                That's a good plan, The hose is just rubber like with some braid. No real pressure there. If you can get your hydraulic shop to crimp new lines using your ends that's a good plan, otherwise some hose and some hose clamps should work. I'm planning to replace mine with braided teflon. But only because it looks cool!
                Yeah, I figured that out too. Coz the lines are too big to have any pressure in them. But I think I'm still going to the hydraulics shop, they do almost everything for cheap

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                I thought the Kat was supposed to leak oil from the front of the engine? Like a anti rusting feature?
                HAHA! Nice

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                You probably just need about a dozen new o-rings -- at $5 each from Suzuki! Oh, and you'll have to disconnect about 20 fittings, each with their own o-ring at $2.95 each that self-destruct every time you disconnect the fitting to get at the part you need to replace!
                They have exactly the same o-rings at the hydraulics shop for less than a buck

Comment

id never fit any O-ring but the oem suzuki ones - ive heard nothing but bad things awith fitting a non suzuki o-ring for some reason
                  i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

I've used o-rings from a regular auto place MANY times , with never a problem . Oil tubes , carbs ... So long as the size is the same (and you don't use those crappy green ones meant for the ac system) , it'll be fine .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think wild bill was making a joke...

Comment

Yeah , I didn't even read HIS post . I was responding to Danny-boy .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                        X