Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

kicks me into neutral at high rpm???????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicks me into neutral at high rpm???????

when i give'er, she jumps back into neutral when im around 10000rpm and up? any ideas???

yeah, you got a bent shift fork, and Katana don't go 10000mph. oh, 10000rpm, yeah that's a bent shift fork.
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-25-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

In what gear?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Actually, if it shifts into the gear, chances are it is the dogs on the gear. If the shift fork were bent you would have a hard time shifting it or it wouldn't go into gear at all. The under cut on the dogs is what keeps it in gear & if the dogs are rounded, & you hit the rev limiter like you would at the rpm you say it is happening, it unloads the dogs & they separate. Is it hard to get into gear shifting at say 3-6000 rpm? If it shifts fine there the forks aren't the issue. Or at least not the main issue. Does it only come out of gear at HIGH rpm or will it also do it if you run it up to 7 or 8000 & then let off the throttle? Let us know some more please. Ray.
        85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

that is very possible too, good post Ray

Comment

Question guy, not to clog his thread. I got my engine out and all the side covers and bolts that I see to separate the ends. Do I need to take the signal generator and the left side gears that connect too the crankshaft to split the cases? Are there bolts inside I need to take out to split the cases to or just the outside ones and clutch etc.

Thanks.
            sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

Yes on the signal generator coming off & yes on bolts on the inside. Have you removed the oil pan & the case bolts inside there? What about the 2 the oil filter hides? What about the phillips head countersink screws holding the plates on behind the clutch hub? Make SURE you use a hammer & an impact driver on those! Do you even own a SHOP MANUAL? Ray.
              85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Okay Right on, so how many are in side the oil pan like besides the two half round circles on the side behind the clutch holding in the bearings. Those are two philps screws, but what else is there? Yes I do, I have the chilton but it doesn't show bolt for bolt on the inside. It says remove clutch, signal generator, oil pan and then split the cases.
                sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

its only at high RPM, othewise there is no problem, but when shifting from 1st to second it shifts really rough unless i go in neutral first, then into second it shifts really nicely.

Comment

Working...
                  X