X

Lowering link problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering link problem

Hi, i've got the lowering links mounted and tested now, but it feels like there is something hitting something. When i ride over big humps i feel a punch in the footpegs. What should i look after? any ideas? the lowering links are mounted after your recommendations, original bushings and all. i've got the 120 and 150 wheel setup.
    Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Are you hitting the GROUND with your bike on these bumps because the bike sits too LOW? Look for scrapes on the bottom of your bike. Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

check your rear tire and the subframe/undertail section for contact as well.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Check your centerstand, it maybe hitting the bottom bolt.Let me know.
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

ok i have the sane prob. it's your left rear footpeg hiting the swingarm. i'm going to raise mine back up
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joseph2027 View Post
            ok i have the sane prob. it's your left rear footpeg hiting the swingarm. i'm going to raise mine back up
            If it's the rear peg (passenger peg) you can bend it out a little bit to give more clearance.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ah, ok=) it's definitly not hitting the ground. but it just might be the footpeg, i'll look into that. Thanks guys =) i'll post up when i've checked it out =)

edit; and i haven't got a centerstand so that rules it out.
              Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Comment

I've found the problem. It's the rear axel nut and head that is hitting the mufflers. Any suggestions or best sulotion? It's on a pre if anyone was in doubt.
                Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Comment

Raise it back up a little? I wanted to drop mine the full 2 inches but it just wasn't safe - even though I still can't be flat footed at any point - it just seemed smarter to be up off the ground and little and sure that nothing was scraping.

Comment

Think i'll try denting it in a bit, to se if it is enough, maybe turn the axle around så the nut is in the other side, its a little moore clearence there.
                    Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Comment

Working...
                    X