X

A little help please?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help please?

So, my bikes been running better than ever since about 2 weeks ago. Then today, as I was riding home from work, I had to run it with the choke most of the way home! I'd take the choke off and it would idle well for about half a minute then die (I had to restart my bike 3 times in the 15 min commute home). I obviously checked that I had enough gas in the tank, but I can't figure out what would have changed since I road it yesterday or the day before that would cause it to act this way. Any ideas???
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

it's not running right.

Comment

Sounds like you are all of a sudden running very lean...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If it does it again, open the gas cap & close it. If the issue goes away for awhile, it is your cap vent being blocked in some way. Start here & get back to us. Ray.
        85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

You didn't fiddle with the idle screw, did you?
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Nothing has been changed since it ran great, that's why I'm so confused! I checked the gas can lid too and that's not the problem. I bought some sea foam and put it in the tank to see if that'd do the trick and... nope... i'm running out of ideas!!!
            -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

You didn't mention it, so I'll suggest...

Check your fuel lines for kinks or obstructions. Will cause exactly that to happen.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X