X

Running rough at mid rpms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running rough at mid rpms

i put a stage 1 factory jet kit in my bike and now when im cruising around and snap the throttle for quick accelaration it hesitates then takes the gas and then go on, but taking off from a dead stop is fine just mid range i hope you all understand me i tryed to explaind it the best way i know how

Need to get the carbs tuned, from the sounds of it.

One of three things is happening, as far as I can tell:
    (A) The springs for the needles are too stiff or too long or both, so it's taking too long for the slides to respond to the throttle change (going too rich in the process as the vacuum draws up and the slides are slow to respond);
    (B) The slides themselves are sticking for some reason (such as dirt on the metal it rides against);
    (C) The fueling is off for your particular location (remember, the settings are generalized -- different altitudes, humidity levels, etc. can require specialized compensation, as can any aftermarket equipment that affects the fuel-air mix). A proper tuning on an exhaust analyzer will pinpoint whether you need a slightly larger or smaller main jet, if your pilot jets are set incorrectly for your location, etc.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok cause a friend had told me that i needed to adjust my idle air mixture screws like turn them down a frew turns could that be true

Comment

Originally posted by 93katana
        ok cause a friend had told me that i needed to adjust my idle air mixture screws like turn them down a frew turns could that be true
        A few turns? Doubious. A part of turn? Possibly. The FactoryPro kit calls for three turns, if I remember correctly. My best advice: on Monday, call Marc at FactoryPro and ask him.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok i will definitely do that thanks again cyber

Comment

Working...
          X