X

RPM's at shut down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM's at shut down

I have a 1998 Kat 600. When I turn my bike off, it seems like the RPM's go from 1,100 to 0 in an instant. Is that normal with these motors?
    I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

I think it is, mine does that too on my 99 kat 750. I hope its normal if not we got the same problem
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

The electric tac shuts off
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'm not even looking at the tac, I'm going by the sound of the motor. My only comparison is my Harley big twin, and it seems to make an additional revolution before coming to a stop.

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

Yeah, it's normal.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey,
            Thanks, I thought it was normal but wanted to be sure.
            Ride safe !!!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKat View Post
              I'm not even looking at the tac, I'm going by the sound of the motor. My only comparison is my Harley big twin, and it seems to make an additional revolution before coming to a stop.
              The Harley has more rotating mass to stop moving. Not an issue.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

My impressions with riding a Kat and a Harley sportster was the Kat had more "engine drag" as well.

I'd assume that would also make a difference.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                  The Harley has more rotating mass to stop moving. Not an issue.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have a 1998 Kat 600. When I turn my bike off, it seems like the RPM's go from 1,100 to 0 in an instant. Is that normal with these motors?
                    I'm not poking fun at you, but I am poking fun at HD...
                    The definition of off for a motor is "stop turning"

Q: Has your HD done that since new? It's vaguely possible that it's dieseling on an extra turn due to carb build-up igniting the final batch of fuel-air mix after you kill the coils (which is effectively what the "off" button should do).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X