hitting on 3 cylinders/fuel leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hitting on 3 cylinders/fuel leak

Hi, guys..i got me a problem as usual
    ......I was riding alone and sudenly my bikes (93 katana) engine bogs down and seems to have lost power...it felt similar to when i had my right side coils becoem disconected, thusly no spark on 2 cyliners..anyways i thoguht it felt like that but not as bad, so i get home, see that my number 1 carb (far left side of the bike) is litteraly pouring gass out the bottom of it. I checked all the plug wires and coil wires and they all look good. Any thought as to what it may be...possibly a carb problem or is the gass leakage most likely from the gas not being burnt and backign up?
    Noah
    93 Katana 600

it can't be unburnt gas backing up. once the gas goes in the intake and into the cylinders, it only has 2 places to go...out the exhaust or past the rings and into the oil pan. the intake valve is only open in intake stroke.....and that draws in gas...not push it back. the only way it can come back out through the intake is if you have a REALLY badly seated intake valve.....and to be that bad is not likely and the bike still able to run.

the first think that should be checked is float/needle valve.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

thnx for the quick reply, ill have to have a look the float and needle tom. God help me i dont know jack abtou the insides of a carburator
      Noah
      93 Katana 600

Comment

they are really not that complicated. just take one apart at a time....and remember where the parts go. they can pretty much only go where they came from anyway.

Comment

I've had gas pour out my air filter (K&N pods) before when my plug fouled . When I took the carbs apart I found some rubber in the float needle seat , keeping it from closing .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            I've had gas pour out my air filter (K&N pods) before when my plug fouled . When I took the carbs apart I found some rubber in the float needle seat , keeping it from closing .
            it doesn't take much. just a very small pc of crap will do it.

Comment

Working...
            X