X

air filters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filters

ok i want to change air filters and i was going to go with k&n but my buddy told me about UNI filters and said thats what he runs in his and said it performs pretty much as good as a k&n and its half the price so has anyone have any input on these filters. thanks

you want to go with pod filters?
    true Uni foam are far better but its going to be a tuning nightmare....
    something minor called intake velocity is greatly affected with a super short intake and turbulant air in the carbs an makes metering the fuel far less efficient...
    I have tuned bikes before with these set ups but I usually end up buying several different needles, pilot and main jets before i'm even at least a little happy with it.
    I would recommend velocity stacks to help straiten the airflow before the carbs for much easier tuning
    better yet just stick with the stock set up... your not going to gain much by going with pods
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Yeah, save your money and run a stock filter.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

well its jetted so stock fiter is kinda bogging it down but a Uni filter has your approval even against k&n

Comment

What have you done to the bike?

Comment

vance and hines full system and stage one jet kit

Comment

hmm u havent tried to search k and n filters on here have you? id suggest stayin away from them unless you are very good at tuning the bike

Comment

i have tried to look them up on here but could not find much on them ........ so i should just go with the Uni or stay stock

Comment

Comment

I know ill get a beat down for this, but after finally getting my bike straight I prefer the K&N pod filters. I have the same set up, Vance and Hines, and Stage 1 jet kit. I put the stock air box on with a uni-filter, and a stock filter and with K&N pods. I prefer the pods becuase I think they give a quicker throttle response but they do need a little bit more tweaking for 1-3k rpm running right.... Just my opinion, I know others will disagree.
                    Originally posted by arsenic
                    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                      I know ill get a beat down for this, but after finally getting my bike straight I prefer the K&N pod filters. I have the same set up, Vance and Hines, and Stage 1 jet kit. I put the stock air box on with a uni-filter, and a stock filter and with K&N pods. I prefer the pods becuase I think they give a quicker throttle response but they do need a little bit more tweaking for 1-3k rpm running right.... Just my opinion, I know others will disagree.
                      well, I COULD tell you what I think of that. I like it here and I want to stay here. So if you think pods or uni is gonna work, go for it, you'll figure it out 1,000 jap engineer kinda had a friggin clue when they designed this engine.

Comment

Arsenic is like a prize boxer with his hands tied behind his back in a match on this topic...

Anyways... I've used pods for the last 10 years... stock jetting, stage 3, and stage 1.

4 different shops, 15 mechanics, multiple tunings with/at each.

It's never been "right". It's been close, it's close now. I can tell it's not at it's full potential.

I'm in the process of reverting back to the stock airbox. I'm tired of fighting it. There just isn't any gain from using something different than stock airbox that I have been able to find...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yea i got a 02 750 with a k&n and d&d i so wish i had a stock filter i will trade someone a k&n for a stock one. it spits at high rpms and cuts out. i need different jets but im broke as a joke

Comment

I have been using a uni filter on my Kat for 5 years now and have had no carb or tuning problems yet..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

My bike hated the Uni filter, always had a flat spot from 6000-7000rpm no matter what I did with it.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X