X

bike wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike wont start

ok well i finally took carb off looked clean srayed some started fluid connected everything back together still not starting spark plugs changed new gas new oil one day bike was running backfired got new gas now new oil wat else could it be i wanna ride soooooo bad i live in riverside nj if someone can help me

More details? Does anything happen when you hit the starter?

Is your battery dead?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yea it sounds like it wants to start but i can hear it puttin from the exhst also looked like oil around my air filter is that normal

Comment

A tiny bit yes, the crankcase vents to the airbox and there's a bit of gas that blows back through the flies.

As for the not starting, got spark from the coils?

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

not sure if i don't how do i fix

Comment

You cant fix anything until you know what the problem is. Check if you're getting spark, there's a whole mess of things that will cause a bike to not start.

Comment

you took the carbs off and just looked at them? Check the minor things first like spark, spark plugs, and proper fuel delivery. I'd suggest crankin into the carbs though if you're gonna go through the trouble of takin them off. read carbs 101 first though
              "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                there's a whole mess of things that will cause a bike to not start.
                actually kid, there's not there are 3 things:
                1. fuel (suck)
                2. spark (bang)
                3. compression (blow)
                now there's a whole mess of things that could cause you not to have one of them.

Comment

checked the spark plug they were black at the tips changed those.....fuel is going through i checked float bowls not sure what else the prob could be

Comment

hmm so have u actually checked if there is spark at the plugs?

Comment

no not sure how dont want to mess anything up would it still sound like it wants to start if i have no spark?

Comment

take a plug out of the cylinder, stick it in the spark plug boot, hold the plug and the boot up too the head. Hit the starter button, see if it sparks.

Comment

take a spark plug out and crank the engine...if u see the spark then u have spark. not sure if thats the best way to do it but it will work.

Comment

Don't hold the plug or the boot, it could be a memorable experience. Just lie it on the metal surface of the engine where it isn't painted and it will make a good ground.
                            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

oohhh yeah, I always were mechanics gloves. However, if you get a shock through the boot, something is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X