X

96 650 Air Box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 650 Air Box

I just finished struggling for more hours than I care to recount, with the sir box for my 96 Kat 650. Is there some sort of trick to synching those tube up to the carburators. I am still not sure I have it right, but the bike is running.
    What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Put the box on the carbs before installing the carbs.

That is the trick.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you have a 96 650, that's one cool mod.

Comment

LOL. I was wondering if ya were gonna ask about the extra 50 cc's arsenic

Originally posted by fsand03 View Post
        I just finished struggling for more hours than I care to recount, with the sir box for my 96 Kat 650. Is there some sort of trick to synching those tube up to the carburators. I am still not sure I have it right, but the bike is running.
        But on a serious note, the airbox sucks to get on. Unbolt the brace that the gas tank bolts to. Take out the air filter outta the air box. Now you can reach inside the air box and seat each boot to each carb. As you seat one, tighten it, then go to the next. It sucks, but will prob save ya at least an hours time.
        Last edited by depths_of_mind; 04-20-2009, 03:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
        '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
        '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Put the box on the carbs before installing the carbs.

That is the trick.

Krey

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

You'll be a much happier camper if ya do.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Take out the air filter, and stick your hand in the airbox.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X