X

chain nightmare continues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain nightmare continues

About a month ago I threw the crap chinese chain that the dealer installed last year, so I went out and picked up a new chain the other day finally, lesson learned... this one is a D.I.D

so I pulled the plastic off and opened up the bike and I found the aluminum casing over the front sprocket has the upper bolt mount broken and there is another crack as well.

Now I am questioning if the dealer that did the chain last year possibly crack it when the did the chain or if it might have broken when the chain exited last month?

Anybody have any ideas on if I can get a replacement of this part?

Would I be able to get this from a recycler in my area?

What should it be worth?

bike is a 2000 600cc

Pictures would be useful in describing what parts are broken, and where.

It's likely that if you threw a chain, that caused the damage.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

it is possible that the chain did the damage

search OEM parts at www.ronayers.com that will give you a pretty good idea of what a new on is worth in US$

the only bike wrecker in ontario that I know of is www.zdenocycle.ca

good luck
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

PM CHutch. He had exactly the same issue a few weeks ago, and he did the necessary repairs. He can tell you what to do, and where to get parts.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

You might try Zdeno's to see if they have anything, or ebay. I'm guessing when the chain went it did the damage.
          Kyle

Comment

find the cheepest price you can then take it to your local stealership, they will usually beat the price, and the shipping.. atleast out here.. is free.. good luck with that
            Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Yeah , it's MOST likelyu that if your chain bailed while in motion , it cracked some stuff under the sprocket cover . One of the holes for the center bolt is almost ALWAYS gone on Kats where the chain left early . Mine is .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X