X

Pre 600...was centerstand an option

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 600...was centerstand an option

Hello board members. I have a 94 600 and I keep hearing about centerstands. To my knowledge I never knew they came with centerstands. Was this all the bikes or a dealer option? Can I buy a centerstand for a Pre and it fit without modification?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

as far as I know pretty much all bikes should have a center stand, i had a 79 Kawasaki and it has one. I imagine you could find some stands somewhere if not weld one up maybe?
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

Yes, on the pre 98 Katanas it was an option. My 1993 didn't have one.

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
      as far as I know pretty much all bikes should have a center stand
      I haven't seen a SS bike yet with one, Busa and ZX14 have one but that's it.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I will go home and check but I really don't think I have one. What about snagging one from ebay for a PRE, should fit...right?
        FROM WORK:
        "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

To clarify...

89-97 (pre) 750's came with the centerstand stock.
          88-97 (pre) 600's it was an option, and a rarely picked one.

The frame is the same on both at that point, so any centerstand for a pre, will fit either 600 or 750 pre.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X