X

Nology plug wires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nology plug wires

i was looking at Nology plug wires and they are supposedly "Superior wires capable of 300 times your current spark energy" is that a load of bs or are they really worth the money? anyone currently running these wires? advice is welcome

I'm not running the wires, but any new ones will run your bike like its brand new. Buy them at advanced auto parts or wherever cheapest, its all the same pretty much...

Comment

Originally posted by 95kat650 View Post
      I'm not running the wires, but any new ones will run your bike like its brand new. Buy them at advanced auto parts or wherever cheapest, its all the same pretty much...
      Not really, you need to use what is called solid copper wires on the Kat.
      Standard auto parts store wires are not correct and with design of the Kat plug boots and coils I doubt you could get them to work.

Comment

Really, well i figured any type of wire would work. Is that just for the kat or other bikes as well? My brothers Gsxr runs great off advance wires i think they are excels or somethin

Comment

I thought the plug wires on the Kat were attached at the coils? Only way to replace them properly was to buy the whole shebang?
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
            I thought the plug wires on the Kat were attached at the coils? Only way to replace them properly was to buy the whole shebang?

No not attached permanently, just frustratingly hard to remove.
            Time, care and a little heat and you can remove them.
            I have to trim the ends..

Comment

so i should? they are universal wires so im sure theres some assembly required. my bike is an 03 with 10xxx miles on it

Comment

NGK race wires
                they are standard copper core...

I've run nology wires on other ignitions and they CAN help in some cases but not the KAT. On bikes with week or poor ignitions (points ignition) etc they can help but I have personally found over the years that Iridium plugs cost less, are more reliable and provide better spark for week ignition system then roost boost, nology or other ignition amplifiers do.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                  I've run nology wires on other ignitions and they CAN help in some cases but not the KAT. On bikes with week or poor ignitions (points ignition) etc they can help but I have personally found over the years that Iridium plugs cost less, are more reliable and provide better spark for week ignition system then roost boost, nology or other ignition amplifiers do.
                  +1

Basic concept:
                  As long as you are getting a healthy spark, no amount of improvement in the wiring or coil outputs is going to change how much power the gasoline-and-air mixture will create on detonation in the cylinders of a Katana (or most modern bikes for that matter).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                  CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                  The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X