X

Tire Shopping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Shopping

Looking for information I know stock size for rear is 150/70-17 Can I go as high as a 170 on a stock setup? Also are there tubes in the tires or are they tubeless. Saw some tires on ebay not sure what to get. I dont want to spend 350 at the dealer thats for sure.. thanks in advance.

I have 2ct tires, rear: 160/60 zr 17 front: 120/70 zr 17
    Shinny side up!

Comment

Check this:

-
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

thanks for the replys Awesome link that helps he a lot.

Are 99 Katanas tubeless or tubed tires?
        Can I use a 170 on the back without any modification?

Thanks again

Comment

i think the biggest you can squeeze on a stock rear kat rim is 160, but i'm not too sure. They are tubeless as well..and please don't mention a rear 240 tire kit
          Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Originally posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
            i think the biggest you can squeeze on a stock rear kat rim is 160, but i'm not too sure. They are tubeless as well..and please don't mention a rear 240 tire kit
            Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
              LMAO!!! that doesnt happen untill the extended swing arm and the 1100 motor gets dropped in lol

Comment

i have a 170 on mine that was on it when i bought it. i plan on changing soon as i don't think it is the safest way to go. from what i have read on cp's page and other places, b/c of increased weight it actually hinders performance in acceleration and stopping. it also wont fall into turns as well. there are other performance drawbacks as well but running the risk of the thing coming off the rim in a corner is enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zcphoto View Post
                  i have a 170 on mine that was on it when i bought it. i plan on changing soon as i don't think it is the safest way to go. from what i have read on cp's page and other places, b/c of increased weight it actually hinders performance in acceleration and stopping. it also wont fall into turns as well. there are other performance drawbacks as well but running the risk of the thing coming off the rim in a corner is enough for me.
                  Thanks 160 it is!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X