93 Katana Carburetor Hose Connections

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Katana Carburetor Hose Connections

Hello friends at KatRiders.com,

Need some carburetor help. Recently acquired a 1993 Katana 750. Carbs had parts missing and no hoses were connected. The carbs have been cleaned, assembled and reinstalled on the engine. I need to know where the hoses go. The fuel lines are no problem, but there are 3 connections at the gas tank- one at the petcock, one on the bottom of the tank, and one at the sending unit. I'm assuming the petcock is vacuum operated. Which carb and where on the carb does the petcock receive its vacuum? Where do the hoses go that are attached to the other 2 locations on the gas tank?

Thanks,
    Steve

PS If anyone can let me know the chain adjustment procedure for my bike, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by SteveP; 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM.

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks very much for the info.

Should the bike be on the center stand or on the ground when adjusting the chain?

Comment

ground

Comment

Well , ground when measuring (also ideally you should sit on it) , stand makes it easier to actually adjust .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey im having a similar problem ..bought my 1993 katana when i got back from iraq and i have been trying to fix it ..i got the carbs bench sync for now but right now im having problems with my hose connections ..my carbs only have 5 hoses 2 fuel and 1 i know is a vacumn hose the other 2 im not sure about i think they are vent hoses and my fuel tank has 5 hose fittings when i hook them up the way we think they go it will start but it idles at 1500 for about 5 mins then shoots up 2 6000 or 7000 and sits til you tilt the bike to the left or right im not sure what the deal is im just trying to get it running because ive always wanted to ride a kat and for gas ya know so if anyone can help i would be very thankful

Comment

Originally posted by fatazzndn View Post
              Hey im having a similar problem ..bought my 1993 katana when i got back from iraq and i have been trying to fix it ..i got the carbs bench sync for now but right now im having problems with my hose connections ..my carbs only have 5 hoses 2 fuel and 1 i know is a vacumn hose the other 2 im not sure about i think they are vent hoses and my fuel tank has 5 hose fittings when i hook them up the way we think they go it will start but it idles at 1500 for about 5 mins then shoots up 2 6000 or 7000 and sits til you tilt the bike to the left or right im not sure what the deal is im just trying to get it running because ive always wanted to ride a kat and for gas ya know so if anyone can help i would be very thankful
              Did you read this thread?

http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...se_Connections

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...mc_chains.html

Tells you how to hook your hoses up.

Comment

yeah i checked it out but the fuel tank is different then mine for some reason ill keep messing with tho thank you have a good day

Comment

The two hoses coming from high up between the carbs are drain/vent hoses and go back, over the airbox and down. They don't connect anywhere.

The hose connections towards the middle of the gas tank are for drain hoses which should be routed down, between the carbs and the head to behind the engine so that if any fuel comes out of them it won't end up on top of your engine.

The two hoses coming from between the carbs, towards the bottoms of them are the fuel inlet hoses. They connect to the front and rear of the petcock. Finally, the one, smaller hose coming from the right side of the carbs, up high goes to the inboard side of the petcock.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by fatazzndn View Post
                    yeah i checked it out but the fuel tank is different then mine for some reason ill keep messing with tho thank you have a good day
                    The fuel tank is different? Can you take a picture of the bottom of it and post it here? Would be easier for us to help you if we could see it.

Comment

thanks here yall go
                      Attached Files

Comment

What do you know, it's exactly the same as this:

Last edited by arsenic; 09-04-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post

Actually those tanks are not the same. The one in the wiki is a Cali tank. The one fatazzndn posted is not.

Fatazzndn, the cali tanks have an extra tit on them for emissions b.s. All the other conections are the same.
                            When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

At the risk of being shunned for helping a guy out...
                              Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X