No announcement yet.
X

Loosing power when rolling throttle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a second revival guys! I promised you all i would get back to you on the details of the repair. Mostly for future new comers to the forum that have the same issue. It has been a long and painful road to repairing the kat but i have her up and running very nicely now. Here is the deal.

I broke down took her to the shop and told them to fix her up. Explained everything on the getting to much air not enough fuel must be a leak or gummy carbs maybe needs rejetting. Well 4 months and still the shop manages not to fix the bike and 500.00 in the sinker over it. The work done, siliconed the intakes, soldered bad connection on the ignition coil, replaced spark plugs, needles, jets and floaters. I chug the bike home frustrated from the pathetic excuse for a repair job of the mechanic and time he took to attempt a repair. Pulled the bike down and found out that he not only put bandaids on everything to try and get it working but put the bike back together wrong. The vacuum hose to the carbs was plugged into the gas tank overflow/vent port on the bottom and he lost bolts to one of the carb bowls not to mention all 4 floaters were at 8mm rather than 13mm so the carbs were leaking like a 2.00 hooker during mardi gras (in the end the fuel leaking from the pistons to the oil filling it up to the brim with fuel/oil mix) and he replaced only 2 of the 4 spark plugs but replaced them with the wrong ones so the pistons were smacking the element....

Anyway enough of the worthless excuse for a so called mechanic doing his job on to the repairs.

I snatched the carbs out, dropped the oil pan/pump and drained the entire bike of all fluids to insure i would get a fresh start. Drained the gas from the pistons, checked compression (good across the board), cleaned the carbs (again) and reset the floaters to 13mm (Again). pulled the intakes off cleaned off the sloppy silicon job. Replaced the intakes and ignition coils with new sets across the board. Dropped in new, correct spark plugs and slapped her back together. Fired her up and she runs better than when i first purchased her. In the end i have learned my lesson, if i dont have time to fix something myself, find time because the mechanics around here are cerebral palsy victims.

In the end this work took me about 8 hours to complete and im on the road again. I slapped some ranger green primer paint on her to begin the multicam paintjob i have been dieing to put on her for a long time now. I have attached a picture for you guys below.

I want to thank everyone who helped me out in this forum you guys are great, always eager to help someone in trouble and i look forward to being part of the community for many years to come.

Comment

Working...
    X