Brakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Hi Guys

Sure the Katana, GSX 750 F around here, is a great bike. The only thing I really don’t like is that the brakes don’t have enough “feeling”
    Compare to others bikes with the same weight, the katana brakes are, let’s say, not enough? You need to put more pressure on the brake lever and the bike takes mor time to stop than any other bike I have try.
    Now, what type of mod, if any do you recommend. I try new brake pads and nothing happen. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,

Here is my mod as I wanted more braking as well.

This combination is Hayabusa Rotors, 01~03 GSXR calipers, G&J Aircraft Brake Lines, Stock master Cylinder.

Tmod

Comment

Thanks Tmod

Looks Good!

Joe

Comment

are the new parts a direct bolt on or did you have to change anything?

Comment

The only thing I made was the bracket between the caliper and the fork tube. So once you have that yes everything is a bolt on.

Tmod

Comment

Joe,

If you are still running the stock brake hoses, swap them out for a set of HEL SS ones, the feel is much improved. Also you might move up to a set of Carbon Lorraine HH pads in the front. The difference between those and stock is huge. HS2020 carries them on here.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

New hoses (Teflon with SS outer braid) makes a big difference.
              Rebuild the calipers, rebuild or replace the MC and then you should have all you need..

Comment

HEL SS Lines and a ZX10RR master cylinder pretty much did it for me. Now they are scary good.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I second that, just a new MC and SS brake lines.

Comment

Try this first:
                    Clean your brake rotors with spray brake cleaner (or windex on a paper towel, then wipe -- repeat until it comes away 100% clean). Most brake performance decreases because people don't seem to realize the same grime that coats your wheels coats your rotors and stops them from working effectively. Personally, I clean mine every week or so of riding...

If that doesn't do it, you may have glazing on your pads; easy enough to check for and easy to remove with some emory cloth (fine grit).

And if that still doesn't do it, the upgrades that others mentioned (SS brake lines -- contact HS2020 for HEL lines; replacement pads; good fluid; hit me up for the caliper seals if you install new pads) should square it directly away. I know that on my own Kats, the lines & EBC pads were enough that I could lift the rear with two fingers extremely readily when the rotors were clean.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X