Not firing on #3-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not firing on #3-

90 katana 600. Yoshi pipe.

I went through the carbs, twice, and had to get all new Orings and gaskets for them. i also tossed the k@n pod filters in the trash and bought a airbox. After a new batt she starts right up but seems rough. I felt for heat on the pipes and number 3 is not firing. Pulled the plug and it is a little wet not bad. It has spark all over. switched plugs same thing. Drove aroung the block no difference. Number 3 still cool to the touch. Carb has gas in the bowl. Motor seems to go when on the throttle. I have never drove the bike so I have nothing to compare to. I have not synced the carbs because of this problem. Do I take the carbs off again? Pilot jet problem? Low compression? I have a comp tester but I need to get an adapter to the small plug size. Thanks for any help!

pilot jet would be my guess

Comment

These carbs are a pain. I have been searching threads and it always comes back to the carbs messed up. Thanks arsenic, I'm going to pull them right now!

Comment

yeah, if you don't do them all the time they are a pain. For me, not a pain

Comment

Arsenic, it was a dirty pilot jet. It works the best it has so far! One more question for ya, when I'm in second gear, and hit the gas, it seems to jump out of gear and back in. If that makes sense. Not like the clutch is slipping, it hits hard. The PO put a new shifter fork in because he lost 2nd. gear. Is there an adjustment? Its kinda like shifting without the clutch. Thanks again. Its almost there!

Comment

no, that makes perfect sense. If he put a new shift fork in, what about the second drive gear itself? And the second driven gear? The shift fork is just the begining. The gears go too.

Comment

The engagement dogs on the 2nd gear set are likely rounded off, bured and need to be replaced.
              My advice would to be skip 2nd gear as mush as possible, just shift from 1st to 3rd until you get it fixed
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Those pilot jets get you every time.. Use half the carb cleaner on those.. The other half on the 99 other parts!

Comment

Working...
                X