X

Tuning A/F ratio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning A/F ratio

Hey guys in the know. I was Colour Tuning the Kat tonight cause put a jet kit in, and the Kat seems to like (smoothest) being on the verge of rich at idle. Any comments? It's a '00 600 with Factory Pro kit and ignition advancer.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

that's the way it should be. If it's rich at idle it won't be at WOT. That why using a colortune without putting load on the engine kinda blows. You need to test the A/F mixture at a whole bunch of throttle positions.

Comment

It goes rich when ya hit the throttle, but ya, I need to throw it on a dyno to tune it to perfection. On another related note, who uses the Motion Pro A/F screw adjuster? http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0119/ Either I'm retarded or that thing blows. It's currently stuck in the drywall of my garage. Ya so I have anger management issues.

2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I have an adjuster like that, not the Motion Pro brand but the same thing. It blows. I hate using that thing. I just got long boy fuel screws from Factory Pro.

Comment

Astro,

Just get yourself one of these and you will be able to do more than one bike or anything else for that matter.

Tmod

Comment

Sweet little unit. About 10 or so years ago when I was modding fuel injection and burning my own chips wide band was the schizz but very expensive. That's way too affordable not to own, unless you are talking to my wife.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
              Sweet little unit. About 10 or so years ago when I was modding fuel injection and burning my own chips wide band was the schizz but very expensive. That's way too affordable not to own, unless you are talking to my wife.
              Yeah I have the LM-1 predecessor to that one and it works very well.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
              X