X

Gas Tank Float

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Tank Float

Anyone know where you can order 1 online? Maybe even a better one if there is such a thing.

you know this is a situation where stating the year of you're bike might be a tad helpful.

Comment

2003 600 kat, sorry

Comment

I have to ask, how did you end up needing a new gas tank float?
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

The sending unit goes bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
            I have to ask, how did you end up needing a new gas tank float?
            Bought a 03 kat with 679 miles on it that had been torn apart and left in a paint shop for 2 years. Painted it and put it all back together but I thought I was only missing mirrors which I replaced. I finally put some gas in the bike and the guage wasn't working. Started trouble shooting and found out that the float is missing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
              The sending unit goes bad.
              the wiring is different between generations. The pre's have bullet connectors. Those go bad all the time. The posts are different, that like never goes bad.

Comment

My pre sender is a solid block of rust and it still works

Guess I'm just lucky.
                sigpic
                »Ross Wendell
                »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

if your sender is a block of rust, bet the rest of the tank looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonuff View Post
                    Started trouble shooting and found out that the float is missing. lol
                    If the float's missing , attach a new one . I did at the rally last year when mine fell off . Yes , that's a carb float I JB'd to the sender arm . Hey , it floats .

The old float is still sloshing around in the tank . I tried again today half-heartedly to fish it out . Gonna have to get it out from the bottom . I don't think it'll fit out the top .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                      I did at the rally last year when mine fell off . Yes , that's a carb float I JB'd to the sender arm . Hey , it floats .
                      I remember that

Comment

the wiring is different between generations. The pre's have bullet connectors. Those go bad all the time.
                        I didnt know this.I wonder if thats the problem with my pre.My guage isnt working
                        1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

Most likely it's the wiring . I've had to connect connectors () a couple times myself . But I take the tank off fairly often , so ....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                          X