X

Rear tire size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
    On a side note... why would a company develop a product for rubber that deteriorates rubber?
    because, like it was stated, it's a short term fix. Meant to get you too the dealership to fix it properly. You know how many tires I've wiped that stuff out of after fixing them? I did that with car tires when I was working on cars, I NEVER would even use that stuff in a motorcycle tire. So, it's a short term fix, it's NOT meant to be kept in your tires.
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-11-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      You know how many tires I've wiped that stuff out of after fixing them?

Ahh so that was your specialty...

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        I've used Slime . There's one specifically for bikes & trailers or something . You'll be fine . Just tell them it's in there when they go to change the tire . It's not a pleasant surprise . Make sure you get a new valve stem , too . Some don't automatically do that .

Not I . I have a small station wagon . NEVER owned a pickup , nor do I really want one .
        lol, a station wagon is so much less stereotypical

...just messin with you md
        Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          Ahh so that was your specialty...
          Yes BP, I was the 16 year old tire guy at one point
          Last edited by arsenic; 04-11-2009, 09:25 PM.

Comment

i used a tire plug i picked up from pepboys for a few bucks. did the trick just fine for plugging the tire. was able to ride a good deal on it with no problems.
            2004 Katana
            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTJ View Post
              i used a tire plug i picked up from pepboys for a few bucks. did the trick just fine for plugging the tire. was able to ride a good deal on it with no problems.
              that's another thing I would NEVER, EVER do. You only got 2 tires dude. You plug one, now how many tire you got if that plug fails?

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
                lol, a station wagon is so much less stereotypical

...just messin with you md
                Yeah . But I DO sometimes use it like a redneck would . I LIKE having mud all over the side of it . Wagons are handy for haulin wood , skids , and engines .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

A tow bill is a lot cheaper than a new bike when that tires goes at 50 mph......
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

[quote used a tire plug i picked up from pepboys for a few bucks. did the trick just fine for plugging the tire. was able to ride a good deal on it with no problems.][/quote] -1
                    1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

Working...
                    X