X

96 kat upgrades

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 kat upgrades

hey guys, i'm new to all of this. I have a 96' kat and it runs fine, but i want to make it faster. What will a jet kit do exactly? how hard is it to swap motors, could i put a 750 motor in my 600 are they expensive to buy used,..that kind of thing. How can i make this bike torqier..and faster. not that it's slow..but i think you all know what imean please e-mail me w/ any ideas. jonallen@jonsdruminstruction.com

Re: 96 kat upgrades

Originally posted by jonallen84
    hey guys, i'm new to all of this. I have a 96' kat and it runs fine, but i want to make it faster. What will a jet kit do exactly? how hard is it to swap motors, could i put a 750 motor in my 600 are they expensive to buy used,..that kind of thing. How can i make this bike torqier..and faster. not that it's slow..but i think you all know what imean please e-mail me w/ any ideas. jonallen@jonsdruminstruction.com

Thought I'd post here.............. Jet kit needs to be matched to yoru intake and exhuast components............liek switching from stock to aftermarket air filter and stock to aftermarket exhaust systems will cause you to need a jet kit. Changes the jets and teh air needles in the carbs.

Engine swap? simple, but expensive kinda and labor intensive...........

Torque? Go to a 14 tooth sprocket up front and a 47 in the rear............and add an Ignition advancer! (Inexpensive, and I carry them!) (do a search.............
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
    X