Carb Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Problem

Hi Everybody
    This is my first post, i'm speak french (from Montréal) Ill try my best.

I Have a katana 750 1996.
    Change spark plugs, air filter.
    Problem's whas appearing in 2 days ago.

In the Idle, it's ok but if I give gaz, the motor stop sometime.

But the real problem's is then when i start at the green light, the engine is realy hard to start until 3000 RMP. is easitate, go down, hig (sorry, no good expression for that in english). After 3000, it's better. Somes friend said it could be wather in the gaz so Tomorow, il try to empty my tank and put somme new gaz on it, but if that's not the problems, I will pull out and clean the carburators. What does you think about this ?

Thank you Everybody, I understand if you are not enjoy my post, I now my english is bad, specialys when i try to explain motor troubles.

Hi Ti,

Welcome!

Although temp. and humidty have a good deal to do with the jetting of your bike, I dont think thats what would cause it.

Pulling out the carbs, cleaning them, and resync them should fix your problem all together.

your english is quite well, I understood it very well, u didnt even have to say u speak french!

Comment

If you have gas more than 30 days old, replace the gas.

Either way, when you put new gas in, add some techron fuel system cleaner to the tank (about 1/3rd of a bottle for a full tank). This will help clean the small passages in the carbs and may solve the problem over the next day or so...

if not, replace the spark plugs and clean the carbs manually.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

First, i put on gaz the ''SeaFoam'' product, result: absolutly no change, so i decide to clean up manualy
        I spend 10hrs to clean up the carbs, i put it back on the bike an make a run. This was not solving the problems.

I change the air filter 1 month ago and the spark plug 2 week ago and the gaz is ''brand new'' so this can not be the problem's

I realy dont now how to solves this problem's, tomorow, i friend of me offering me to ajust the carbs. my friend have equipment, i'm not sure is a professional, but maybe is possible then a ajustment of carbs could solves the problèmes of ''hesitate under 3000 rmp'' does you think this possible ?

Comment

Originally posted by TiTowing
          I realy dont now how to solves this problem's, tomorow, i friend of me offering me to ajust the carbs. my friend have equipment, i'm not sure is a professional, but maybe is possible then a ajustment of carbs could solves the problèmes of ''hesitate under 3000 rmp'' does you think this possible ?
          Very possible.

If the person who had the bike before you put in the wrong size jets for the bike, or if the carb slides (the black rubber the needles sit in) are not moving, it could act this way. If he is a professional, let him have at it.

Good Luck!
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I realise this morning then when is cold, the bike is ok, but when it becoming more hot, is hesitate under 3000 rpm ???

Comment

Sounds like the carbs are set to rich. What do the spark plugs look like?

Comment

if the spark plugs are black it is too rich if there is white like powder on the plugs they are lean. In your case the spark plugs might be to rich/black in color. it is a very good possibility that you need to clean your carb's
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Today, i ''synchronised'' my carb, now, they are better, but the problem's is always there (under 3000 rpm)

It's a fact: my carb are to ritch, i now this... tomorow, i try to ajuste my carburators. 1/4 turn in the clock sens first for all of the carbs. my mecanical friend sayd that could correct the problem's and you said this to, so i try it.

Comment

I am glad to hear that it is working better. Sounds like a rebuild/cleaning is in your near future. Good luck and I hope you get the Katana running better soon.
                    Thom
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

hi guys
                      salut l'ami content de voir que je suis pas le seul franco. I almost have the same problem on my bike (1992/gsx600fn) and I was wondering if it's just a matters of air-fuel screw adjustment. I set mine like the clymer said fully tightent then 1 1/4 back but the bike hesitate under 2500 so my question is should I give 1/4 or 1/2 turn more. I dismantle all carbs to clean them but i didnt vacuum check them is it making a big difference or you do that only when you rejet or major change.

thanks guys sorry for my english i'm also french from Montréal

Comment

my carb are mikuni 44c00

Comment

ben criss....d'autre monde qui vien de quebec. bienvenue les gars. je suis anglaphone, mais je vien de qc aussi. connais tu magog? je vien de la.
                          my french writing is like your english, but if you understand me ok...c'est ben cool.
                          Maybe someday we will meet in real life for a ride.
                          katman05 is from Mtl also. Beau vien de la rive sud. RobRoy vien de qc aussi, mais a rimouski.

fix your bikes....je vais rencontrer katman pour faire une ride. peut etre tu peut vien avec nous autres.

pis? mon francais est pas pire?
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

my bike is almost ready but you know with the strike at the SAAQ I had trouble getting my license so for now I can't but I would be happy to ride with you as soon as I can. I'm from charlevoix but I live in longueuil I know magog very well as my sister live in Rock Forest

Comment

Originally posted by jfpilote
                              my bike is almost ready but you know with the strike at the SAAQ I had trouble getting my license so for now I can't but I would be happy to ride with you as soon as I can. I'm from charlevoix but I live in longueuil I know magog very well as my sister live in Rock Forest
                              cool....is your sister cute? single?
                              just kidding.

I go to longueuil often. I have no choice if I want to see english movies at the cinema.
                              Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

I think the strike at the SAAQ is finished...no?
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X