X

Fuel Knob...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Knob...

I have a Katana 2000 GSX750, I just got it and it didn't come with an owners manual (I did order one and it is on the way). The Fuel knob to turn the fuel on, off, and to prime is not labeled as to which way the arrow is to be pointing for fuel to be on, off, or primed, can anyone help with either a picture or directions?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Clicky "New to Katriders?" link in my sig.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

"On" is pointed down towards the ground, "Reserve" is turned facing the front of the motorcycle (rotate clockwise from "On") and "Prime" is turned facing the back of the motorcycle (rotate counter-clockwise from "On").
      Last edited by crazyaussie; 04-09-2009, 09:16 PM. Reason: Clarification
      1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

is it the same on a 88 kat

Comment

yep
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by robleen69 View Post
            is it the same on a 88 kat
            Yup
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

What position should you leave it on when the bike is off. I've always left in the prime position, because i thought it was the "off" position.
              Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

Don't put it in prime and leave it there you'll flood the carbs...do a search because it will explain why you leave it on the "on" position...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

OMG. I have been leaving the petcock in prime while the engine is off for years.... That may explain my difficult time starting it. When I bought it, the guy said this way is off, this is on and this is reserve.
                  Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

Working...
                  X