X

quick and easy question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick and easy question

i just wanted to ask this . i know the line from the fuel petcock goes to the # 4 carb fitting . on the other carbs that have the same fitting nothing is there . are they supposed to be capped or left as is ? or are they sealed ? thanks

Capped.

Comment

my bust it's a 95 kat 750 . so your saying there are supposed to be rubber caps on those fittings ? there were none on any of them except for #4 which has the line going to the fuel petcock .

Comment

#4 is a different carb. The port isn't there. Only the center two carbs are the same.
        Actually I take that back, since the fuel port is on the left of carb 3 and the right on carb 2..
        Last edited by Black_peter; 04-09-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

i don't under stand your reply . on all the carbs the nipple is there are they sealed or are they supposed to be capped . i know on #4 the line from the petcock goes there ( vacuum ) .

Comment

They may be there, in the sense you can see them, but the carb casting isn't drilled for it. So there is no hole.. If you look at the carb bodies they all have similar features.
            The carb body is cast in metal. Then depending on what that part is destined to be it is drilled, machined etc to it final form, carb #2 for a 750 or carb #1 of an 1100, or carb #3 of a GS500...

Comment

oh peter now i understand your reply . no , i'm not talking about the fuel lines . on the carbs themselves all have the same nipple that the vacuum line from the petcock goes to on # 4 carb are these nipples sealed permanently from the factory or are they supposed to have a rubber cap on .

ok you type faster than me ! thanks , thats what i needed to know .
              Last edited by gazoo; 04-09-2009, 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo View Post
                  i don't under stand your reply . on all the carbs the nipple is there are they sealed or are they supposed to be capped . i know on #4 the line from the petcock goes there ( vacuum ) .
                  O.K. did I miss something here? I'm assuming you were talking about the sync ports. My bike has 4. 1,2 & 3 are capped. 4 goes to the petcock.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                    O.K. did I miss something here? I'm assuming you were talking about the sync ports. My bike has 4. 1,2 & 3 are capped. 4 goes to the petcock.
                    Weird, but I don't think that is what he's talking about, if it's a pre...

My pre carbs look like this. You will see the black hose coming off the side of the #4 carb for the fuel vacuum line.

As mentioned, the other 3 carbs do have that same port, it's just not drilled out on the inside, so they do not need capped.

The 4 sync ports across the top are ALL capped with black rubber caps on mine.

This is a 90 Kat 600 carb set.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm tired. All sync ports should be capped. The other one's that look like a vac line port, is not active, except for #4. I'm really tired.
                      Last edited by Kfreak; 04-09-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

It's OK guys.. I got it covered.

Comment

Working...
                        X