1993 Kat project - no start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Kat project - no start

Greetings!

I recently purchased a 1993 that was largely disassembled and plagued with electrical issues. I know believe I have solved these with some new connections, relays, and switches - but it still won't start.

I have fuel, air and spark - but no ignition. I jut tried tarting fluid and ga direct into the cylinder. My gut tells me it is a problem with the firing order and/or the wires attached to the coils not being in the right sequence. Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly how these wires should be attached?

Dammit , I HAD a pic of my makeshift wiring diagram on here , but the old links are dead .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

the cylinders are numbered 1-4 starting from the left when you're sitting on the bike facing the front.

the wires are to be plugged into cylinders 1-4-2-3, in that order. meaning 1st wire into cylinder one, second wire into cylinder 4, and so on . . .

Comment

Follow-up questions

Does it matter which wire off of the first or second coil go to 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 respectively? If so - using the order provided am I to assume they are listed top to bottom?

Also - what about the wires to the coils? The coil pack on the left is mounted sticker side down - is this correct? I get a spark from each wire so I am assuming it is in right, it is jut plug wire order.

I'm going to play with it tonight after I get the battery charged up again.

Comment

the wires go into the cylinders respectively.

FRONT OF BIKE
          wire1---COIL---wire2 wire3---COIL---wire4

wire1 plugs into cyl 1
          wire2 plugs into cyl 4
          wire3 plugs into cyl 2
          wire4 plugs into cyl 3

i can't make it any clearer without drawing a picture

Comment

a picture would help this has me wondering if mines set up correctly and if thats one of my problems- mines set up 1-4 with wires at 1234 straight not mix matched- going off of the number stickers on the wires

Comment

Let me simplify azn's.........

#1 cyl--------L COIL---------#4 cyl #2 cyl---------R COIL-----------#3cycl

I have to add if cyl 1&4 are switched around if will still run fine. Only if the switched with other coil will mess things up.
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Are they the same for the pre 750's also. I put a 1995 750 motor into a 1993 600 and put the wires back into the cylinders using the numbers on the wires. It seems like it is out of time. I put in a new set of NGKs and tried shooting some starting fluid down the carbs and only got some pulses out of the exhaust with the occasional flame. I checked a couple of the wires, and had good spark. ??? Sorry for the thread hijack. I'll look at how the wires are routed off the coils, maybe ones crossed?
                2000 Honda RVT1000R RC51
                2000 Suzuki DRZ400S
                1987 Honda CBR600F1, 1985 Kawasaki ZN700A2
                1993 Suzuki GSX600F Katana (project)
                1996 Kawasaki EX500 Ninja (wife's)

Comment

Originally posted by 1993Kat600 View Post
                  Are they the same for the pre 750's also. I put a 1995 750 motor into a 1993 600 and put the wires back into the cylinders using the numbers on the wires. It seems like it is out of time. I put in a new set of NGKs and tried shooting some starting fluid down the carbs and only got some pulses out of the exhaust with the occasional flame. I checked a couple of the wires, and had good spark. ??? Sorry for the thread hijack. I'll look at how the wires are routed off the coils, maybe ones crossed?
                  my 92 750 is the same 1423

Comment

stop spraying stuff down the carbs put the air box back on and if every thangs working right choke it a little and fire it up then change the oil if your cranking as much as i was trying to get it to start you have gas in the oil now it was wierd but as soon as i had the box back on the wires going to the right spots and gas going to the carbs she fierd right up the 750s realy like the box on to start
                    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

there it should clarify it a bit

the places of the couls are like on the bike
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X