X

bike wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike wont start

well hereit is i have a 88 kat 600 i took the tank and plastics off to have it painted mind you it ran excellent 3 min before i took off the tank now parts back from paint bolted everything back up and bike wont start good spark threw starter fluid in carb started up then died tried for hours will not run any ideas

Did you hook the tank up right? Did you drain the carb bowls and forget to prime them when you got it back together?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Pinchedthe fuel line or carbs have no fuel..Maybe vaccum line on the rear of the petcock is not hooked up..
      Riding is like a roll-a-coaster that you control

Comment

1. never had a hose on the back of the petcock
        2. ill check for it tommorrow wat does it hook up to

Comment

Originally posted by robleen69 View Post
          1. never had a hose on the back of the petcock
          Yeah , that's gonna cause some problems .....
          There's a small hose from carb 4 that SHOULD go to the petcock .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ill check that thanx

Comment

3 days no start then starts no prob dont understand y.... all i did was take the parts to paint next day put tank back on no start now today starts 1st try

Comment

Prob didnt prime carbs

Comment

ok back to the begining the bike ran for bou 20 min to warm up sounded fine... took down the street and it bogged out and wont start again... please help guys

Comment

you sure your spark is good? i took my tank off for painting, it ran great when i parked it. When i went to start it, it refused to crank, and it turned out 3 of my plugs were fouled.

you afterfiring at all?
                    charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

it did backfire a couple of times when i took it out for a ride it stoped running bout 1/4 mile from my house had to push it up hill back it was not fun.... im gonna change spark plugs today does anyone know wat size socket the plugs on there are... today itr started back up as soon as i give it gas it dies could this be spark plug issues
                      Last edited by robleen69; 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

explain this "back fire". Did it happen when you slowed down after you let off the throttle?

Comment

def part of it was plugs ....changed those ran fine once again but died again sprayed starter fluid in the intake started up but sound like starving for fuel... believe it is my petcock.. because i do remember trying to empty tank and it only did drops not poor out like it was supposed to do u guys think this would be my issue ......it only works somewhat on the prime position not on the on position at all....

yes arsenic it backfires when i let off the throttle it also sound alot different then it did before i took off the tank

Comment

well what are you doing to test it? i believe the petcock stays closed until the vaccuum line is actively sucking. If you want flow from it without vaccuum, then you turn it to prime and it'll flow out- but why would you want that?

What are you idling at when it warms up (or rather attempts to)?
                            charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

idles perfectly but then i close the choke and it goes to bout 800rpm instead of 1000rmp ... but when riding it sounds like starving for fuel like i said it ran 100% before i took off the tank

Comment

Working...
                              X