X

Clutch Problem. Please Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Problem. Please Help!

I Just installed a new clutch cable on my 91 gsx600f. It's the 1st time i've ever installed one. It's all hooked up now and when i crank it in nuetral it's fine, but when i shift into gear the bike shuts off. When the bike is in 1st it won't roll with the clutch not engaged. When i engage the clutch in 1st gear while it's not running it allows me to roll it. So i assume the clutch is doing it's job but what's causing it to shut off? Low battery? Too much play in the cable? or not enough? Hopefully you guys understand what im trying to say.

When you put the cable in did you adjust it after you were done? Sounds like it's way too loose.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah i did. When i 1st put it in and tried to switch to 2nd it jumped and stalled. I adjusted it and now it just shuts off when i shift. The bike should start in 1st gear if i have the clutch engaged right? It's not though. The thing that gets me is it obvious is working because when i engage it the bike rolls while in gear.

haha i was just thinking about it... my kickstand was down the whole time. sorry been a while since i've had it running.
      Last edited by zooki91; 04-04-2009, 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
      X