X

Carb Synchronize 95 katana ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Synchronize 95 katana ?

Can anyone tell me how to hook up the gauges to the carbs on a 95 katana 600? Thanks

Plug the tube that leads to the fuel switch..
    Then attach the synchro tubes to the ports on the
    carb tops.. They have little boots on them now..
    (red circled thingie...)

Comment

Is the tube that leads to the fuel switch a vacuum or fuel? That I need to plug?Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

the one that leads to the right side of the petcock is a vaccume, the one pointing towards the front and back of the bike are fuel. yes, plug it.

Comment

Thanks I will give it a try

Comment

I think I may have something very wrong.With the vacuum gauges connected and the engine running.All 4 gauges are fluctuating from 0 to 12 at engine idle. If I bring the engine speed up to about 4000 rpm it will smooth out alot but still about 4 inches of vacuum movement. Please help my clymer service manual has no info on this. Thank you for any help

Comment

[Color of Circles]

Carb Synchronizer Ports
              Fuel Lines
              Carb Vent Lines
              Vacuum Line

Carb Sync Instruction in a Nut shell

1. Make sure battery is fully charged
              2. Make sure there is airflow if you think it will take >5 minutes
              3. Ensure Fuel source
              4. Plug/clamp/pinch/whatever STOP the vacuum line
              5. Turn on engine and warm it up (with Carb Sync Ports ON)
              6. If idle is stable enough after warm up, shut engine down and take off Carb Sync Port Caps (you sound as if you are using mercury, so a sporatic idle could be dangerous in that mercury could enter your engine)
              7. Connect Sync tool
              8. Turn engine back on and set idle to about 1.7-1.8K rpms
              9. Sync 3/4 1/2 and then 3-4 to 1-2
              10. Happy riding

Hope this helps

Comment

I am using vacuum gauges.I can not even come close to setting them when they are fluttering almost 12 inches of vacuum. I almost wonder if somthing internal is wrong with my engine.

Comment

We need more info then. How was the bike running before? Are these new carbs or something? Did you just clean them? All rubber O-rings in place and gaskets OK inside carbs (thus preserving vacuum)? Is your sync tool securely on the ports?

Comment

I took the bike to a shop to have it rejeted. My first mistake. After that the first time I went to start it ,it flooded the plugs. I then took it back. They said they fixed it.The bike would start fine but after the engine was warm it ran very poor.(no power)
                    When I checked the mixture adjustment they were set at 1 1/2. The plugs were very lean. I set the mixture to 2 turns out and it ran alot better. But I had a 3500 to 4500 engine vibration that was not there before the jetting. So I wanted to check the carb sync.

Comment

How much gauge fluctuation is ok? I have been playing with it and it is a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by turtleescape
                        I am using vacuum gauges.I can not even come close to setting them when they are fluttering almost 12 inches of vacuum. I almost wonder if somthing internal is wrong with my engine.
                        I did mine to night with gauges as well the problem is that the springs in the gauges make the needle bouce if you can close the opening down a bit it will help slow the neadles down on the gauges what i did was use zip ties and pinch the line a bit seemed to help bike runs great now hope this help with the problem you were having sounds like it was the same thing i got into today good luck
                        it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                        Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Thanks I think my gauges may be bad.I will go buy the mercury ones tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that helped me. My bike runs great. Way better than it has ever before. Thanks again

Comment

turtleescape Glad you got it sorted..
                              Thanks for letting us know.
                              Kickit great photos man!!

Some notes:
                              You did bring the idle up to 1800 right?

Gauge type syncho tools usually have needle valves to
                              "buffer" the intake pulses.
                              Remember only at very high RPM will the engine seem to intake air continuously. At 1800 RPM your 600 is inhaling 20cc of air every second.. (If my math is right)
                              Murcury Synchos use restrictors in the tubes.
                              These make it hard for the air to get sucked out of the murcury column, so that by the time it sucks up xx amount of murcury the inhale has ended and the murcury starts to drop again slowed down by the restrictor.. before it drops too far the next inhale comes and up again it goes..

you adjust the needles on the gauge type to "knock off" the high and low so the gauge reads the average.. This could have acounted for the wild swinging you saw..

Comment

Working...
                              X