X

Carb Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Kit

Hey guys I got a friend thats getting a run around at a stealership. He is getting a 2006 Katana with 230 miles problem is it has sat there for god knows how long. Well they said they wanted to clean the carbs yada yada and they have to order a carb kit. Well it has been about a month and we drove there today so he could pick it up after a big down payment and it isnt even running, then said it was almost impossible to find. Has anyone else had a problem getting one in the past?? I believe they are just trying to get a rebuild kit.
    99 Katana 600-Sold
    2007 Kawasaki ZZR 600-my new baby

I don't think there are "rebuild kits" per se. The fact that it's at a dealer and they can't get it running is kinda sketchy, but then again an 06 with 230 miles has spent a lot of time sitting. 4 weeks isn't horribly long, but it ain't too quick either.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

they can't get a "carb kit" because a "carb kit" doesn't exist.

Comment

Well this is what they are telling him he needs...just like the clock on the bike is a temp gauge says the parts guy. Sounds to me it needs a good clean out and they said they want it so if they mess an oring up they have extra..but any shop should have stock in o rings. I dunno it just sux for him cause hes put 2100 down on a bike he hasnt heard run I told him I would ask and see what everyone thought
        99 Katana 600-Sold

Comment

I think that shop sucks large farm animals. Buy the bike, don't let them touch it, send the carbs to me, I'll do a better job then they will. I can guarantee that an 06 needs 0 new carb parts. You know how many 1996 sets I've done that didn't need new orings?

Comment

I agree with you 100%. I dont get why its so hard to get it running. I am shur it hasnt been started in awhile but normally what goes wrong then??? I kno the gas will get all nasty but what is going on. The place is called Thiles Wheels in Ohio any of you buckeyes had any experience with this place??
            Last edited by Layinlowstang; 04-02-2009, 09:47 PM.
            99 Katana 600-Sold

Comment

it's not that hard to get running, that shop just sucks.

Comment

Ok well I just wanted some info cause im gonna go with him tommorow. I wanna be able to tell them they are full of it...the parts guy called me a liar about the clock thing but I kno that for shur this site deff has helped me learn alot about kat's.
                99 Katana 600-Sold

Comment

hey bro i have a 04 and there is no temp guage on the dash! it's a clock. i had the same prob. with my dealer. and do toy one beter they could not get the title for my bike. it took them 60 day's to solve the prob. well anyways don't let them f@#$% your freand over. if they can't get it running then don.t buy it. theres no telling what else is wrong with it
                  sigpic

Comment

Ya I knew it was a clock this guy was a dip! We been talkin back and forth this morning and I told him that something else has to be wrong and they cant get some big part that they really need.
                    Last edited by Layinlowstang; 04-03-2009, 08:46 AM.
                    99 Katana 600-Sold

Comment

Working...
                    X