No announcement yet.
X

Tire/wheel removal no stands.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have stands now but with my old KZ with a centerstand I would change the back first, then put a 20lb bag of cement on the back seat to hold the front wheel up in the air. Also redneck tech.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

So how do I go about mounting a center stand? That first method seemed pretty decent because I do still have the dual exhaust. So basically, you would be putting something flat on the jack to support the exhaust and bike resting on the jack, is that correct?
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
        From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
        this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

This is my setup.

Centerstand, some 2x4 under the frame on each side, straps from handlebars to the rafters for safety.

2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
            It sat like that for 2 days and was fine. I do stuff my way, you can do it your way.

oh and I dd put the front axle back in.
            I used a upside down 5gl pail several times for my enduro until it fell off a and nearly cost me a finger
            Just dont want you to mess up one of your pink shirts
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I just built a frame out of black pipe purchased from Lowes for just under $60. The plan is to use a heavy duty ratchet strap and lift the bike enough to get some jack stands under the front and rear so i can take the tires off.

Basically just get the pipe and fittings to make a frame with legs. Should hold the bike fine. Ill let you all know when i try it. Prob after i do my steering rack in the jeep....
              1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
              1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

I've used one of those rigs . They work GREAT . I need one HERE .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X