X

Clutch Adjustment.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Adjustment.

Please could someone tell me if you are supposed to have any drag on the clutch once you have adjusted it?
    In other words should the back wheel turn when I pull the clutch leaver in on all gears 1st to 6th?

I adjusted my clutch as per the instructions found on the site and I’m not happy.
    Shifting gears is very sooth now and the gears are not snatching like they used to, but when I change gear and accelerate hard the clutch seems to drag the revs go up then the bike catches up speed wise. Hope this makes sense what am I missing out. My clutch has done 30.000 and takes very close to releasing it.

Thanks in advance

Tok

dragging...sounds like you clutch is bad

Comment

on the center stand?
      yes even in neutral the wheel will turn on the center stand

sound like the clutch is slipping
      how did you adjust it?

97% of the people here don't back it off enough and don't have enough push rod free play.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

hardlydangerous you are right!

I did not back the grub screw off enough, I did it all over again and now I'm very happy.

I'm still going to be putting in new plates and springs, are there any special tools I'll be needing to make this little job any easier?

Thanks

Tok

Comment

Tok you will need something like a dentist pick to help get the fibers out. Other than that it is really easy to do. You do not have to drain the oil either. Place the bike on the side stand and remove the cover and have at it. I can tell you that you DO NOT put any torque on the clutch spring bolts. Take them down snug and that is it. If you pu the 5ft lbs of torque on them you will more than likely snap the heads off. I did this twice.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

someone put a BS clutch removal thread up...

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
            mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

the cable will not come out at the sprocket end!?! no idea how your supposed to disconnect and then re-attach something you cant even see....especially when pulling it out their is still tension and the "worm" assembly rotates....frustrated
            KATANA....It can cut through a tank!...no really! I saw it on the internet somewhere!

Comment

Working...
            X