X

Can't figure it out, maybe you can?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't figure it out, maybe you can?

Been playin with my carbs, tryin to get my idle problem solved. Don't know if that's where my problem is now...My floats are set at 14mm, kept jet size at 115 out, 112.5 in since all I'm adding is a yoshi RS-3 and have a 5 degree ignition advancer, needle position at 2nd from top and A/F screws at 2.75 turns out.

Started it up today thinkin it would run fine today since I finished my adjustments last night. Had a problem warming up, as usual, runs kinda rough around 1k at idle, so I took it around the block once to warm it up. Gave a slight adjustment to the idle screw to get it up to 1200k at idle, seemed fine, bounced around maybe only 100 or 200 rpms. Decided to take it to a straight away around the corner and see how it did wide open. Hauled *** down the straight, got to the end, pulled into a church and the bike just died. Had a buddy come up and give me a jump since my battery needs a tend. It wouldn't start up again even with a car battery on it, ended up gettin towed home (embarassing).

So pretty much what I'm asking is, with the symptoms I've explained, is there anything that strikes you real gearheads that may be the problem? I'm pretty close to fed-up but don't feel like being charged a rediculous price/hour for something I could have done myself. Any suggestions would be great and will be attempted, thanks guys.
    "If you aint first, you're last"

Originally posted by Mikey Dank View Post
    Had a buddy come up and give me a jump since my battery needs a tend. It wouldn't start up again even with a car battery on it, ended up gettin towed home (embarassing).
    A dead battery will cause a bike to not run.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Perhaps your charging system is not .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Definitely get the battery charged up. While you're waiting on the battery to charge take a look at your plugs. At 2.75 turns out you may be running a bit rich and clogged the plugs as soon as you dropped from FOT back to idle. I think the recommended setting is 2.5 turns out even with the Yoshi.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

A bike will run with a no battery, but maybe not with a dead one especially WOT..
          I like Wild Bill thoughts.. You say your adding a Yoshi.. Do you in fact have it on the bike?

Comment

No I don't have the pipe on the bike yet, I was just tryin to get my idle problem figured out. I'll pull the plugs today and see how they look. So if the battery needs charged, and it was just jumped, it should run ok correct? Maybe possibly the alternator? I was thinkin if the alternator went bad as soon as I pulled the jumper cables off after jumping it the thing would die. Also, if the plugs are fouled, do you think I'm going to have to replace them or can I just clean them with something like brake cleaner and a toothbrush? Thanks for the input guys
            "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Dank View Post
              Maybe possibly the alternator? I was thinkin if the alternator went bad as soon as I pulled the jumper cables off after jumping it the thing would die.
              It might run for a little bit with what's still in the battery . But once the battery goes .... . Jump it again , take off the jumpers , then hook up your trusty multimeter .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X