Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I need a Mechanic In south jersy area to clean and sync my carbs!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Mechanic In south jersy area to clean and sync my carbs!!!!!!!!

hey i'm looking to see if there is anyone in the south jersey area that wont mind helping me out i got some guk stuck in my carbs from turning on the res tank....

i'm willing to work something out if someone could help me please!!!!!!!!! 91 KATANA 600 ITS SO DAMN NICE OUT I JUS WANNA RIDE

send your carbs to Arsenic
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

i don't know how to remove it the shop i called told me you need special tools to remove it and sync it

Comment

Originally posted by truthurtz42 View Post
        i don't know how to remove it the shop i called told me you need special tools to remove it and sync it
        Special tools to synch, yes, only in that you need gauges of some kind. To remove? No. I believe it's just a bolt that holds the carbs on the rail and phillips screws that hold the boots to the intake and engine.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

While chris could clean your carbs he wont be able to sync them and tune them without your bike. He also cant do your valves since he wont have your engine.

Sorry man, I hope you can find someone local. Talk to your local stealership. I got my carbs synced cleaned and tuned (af screws) my valves tuned, and new plugs for $340

Just remember you have shims, those are a beeoch so shops may charge you more.

Comment

yea i was quoted 350-400 but im like damn.....

Comment

Originally posted by truthurtz42 View Post
              yea i was quoted 350-400 but im like damn.....
              To be honest man, your bike is an investment. Believe me, ive paid my fair share of hard earned money for my bike. All I can tell you, is that if your bike runs like crap right now, you will thoroughly enjoy getting that work done.

IF you do, remember to tell them to drill the brass caps and tune your AF screws 2.5 out from seated. It takes 2 seconds but will really improve your bikes performance.

Comment

thanks alot def appreciate it and i will let him know he told me that tuning would be included would he already know to do this or is this something that kr found out the best setting would be?

Comment

Talk to Arsenic (chris) if you need specifics, hes the carb guru around here. His AIM is Arsenic1016 I believe, or you could catch him in the CB.

If you can find someone to do it that knows what they are doing and can do it wihin 350 bucks, id say go for it. Ya it cost some money, but it IS a lot of work and you will be satisfied when shes purring like a new baby kitten

Also... heres the link to download your manual if you ever decide to give it a shot on your own.

http://www.files.michaelmcmahon.org/...50-1100F-R.pdf right click save as
                  Last edited by IndyGunner; 03-31-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

ok thanks i will deff download this when i get home

Comment

with a manual handy, the carbs are pretty darn easy to pull. dont let it sker ya away from workin on your own bike
                      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

no prob man

Comment

Carbs are really pretty easy. If your only problem is that you sucked some gunk in through the fuel line you don't even need to disassemble them completely - just pull the bowls and clean them out. You may even get away with letting them sit overnight to let the gunk settle and then draining the bowls (with the carbs still in the bike) to flush the gunk out. If the jets are clogged then you'll need to disassemble the carbs to clean them. You can do it yourself. Mechanics charge what they do because it's time consuming, not because it's hard. If the o-rings are all shot you're looking at about $100 in parts from the stealership unless you can find metric o-rings at a hardware store. If you can do that then your price just dropped to less than $20 including the can of cleaner. Download the manual, read (and re-read) Carbs101 and go for it. Biggest thing is to get all the rubber bits out of the way before you start spraying cleaner around and then make sure you clean out ALL those little passages in the carb bodies.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                            While chris could clean your carbs he wont be able to sync them and tune them without your bike. He also cant do your valves since he wont have your engine.
                            well said beaner.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                              well said beaner.
                              I try my best man

Comment

Working...
                              X