X

Bike running lean - Solved!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike running lean - Solved!!

I'm using a new thread because I've had two or three posts about the same problem with slightly different scenarios. But in the end all were really the same issue.
    I want you guys to know, I really appreciate all the suggestions and advice that was given. It really gave me a bunch of things to look at.
    To refresh your memories, I have a 1990 Kat 600, with a terrible lean condition. At first I thought it was somehow related to the tank, but that was not the case. We looked a vacuum leaks, A/F screws, air box, and even syncing, none of which was the cuplrit.
    I did not know enough to check the temperature of the exhaust headers tubes, that would have told me which cylinder (or cylinders in my case) was the problem. I had no heat on cylinder three and four, so that was were the tech started. He found that although I had the floats set properly, and the A/F screws set properly, three and four were not getting any fuel. He custom adjusted the float levels on three and four, reset the A/F screws on those two carbs, synced them all.
    That is the end of the story. Man she runs good, idles smooth and very responsive. I'm really enjoying it now. Granted, I've only put about fifty miles on it so far, but so far so good.
    Once again thanks to all for the help!!

A good running bike is great news indeed! Great to here, and look forward to hearing about good times riding.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Good news! Now get out there and put some miles on that Kat!
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Good Job. BTW, how much was that for the mechanic to figure out?
        FROM WORK:
        "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Working...
        X