X

Searched threads no answer...3k idle.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searched threads no answer...3k idle.

So I have searched and searched and searched regarding 94 600 idling at 3-4K even after new throttle cable and replacing sticky grip. Immediate idle. I checked the air box twice to make sure it was on good. Put the throttle cable on the carb side on correctly with the nut on the bottom(Although I don't see how to adjust the cable on the carb in. BTW, the cable adjuster on the grip side, is it loose when threads are showing or tight when threads are showing. I need HELPPPPPPPPP for my
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

?

did you set idle ajustment screw fore the carbs on left side of bike below number 1 carb is the choke stuck?

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you said, but I'll give a go.

Have you checked to make sure the idle adjustment cable has been backed off?... other than that, what all have to done to the bike before the problem started?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

?

ya thats what i was refering to the idle ajustment cable(screw)is the choke cable stuck closed was the other?

Comment

You adjust the cable on the carberator by tightening or loosening the carb cable "course adjustment." "Fine adjustment" is done at the lever.

The throttle cable is adjusted properly when it "snaps" back and only has a slight bit of slack when you twist.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by lmj001 View Post
            did you set idle ajustment screw fore the carbs on left side of bike below number 1 carb is the choke stuck?
            I set the idle adjustment to the point where it was not even touching the throttle lever. Choke cable does stick sometimes but I slide it close and no change.
            FROM WORK:
            "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
              I set the idle adjustment to the point where it was not even touching the throttle lever. Choke cable does stick sometimes but I slide it close and no change.
              That is totally not right.

You should consider taking the carbs off the bike, doing a bench synch, then doing a synch with a carb stick.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                You adjust the cable on the carberator by tightening or loosening the carb cable "course adjustment." "Fine adjustment" is done at the lever.

The throttle cable is adjusted properly when it "snaps" back and only has a slight bit of slack when you twist.
                I'm pretty sure the cable is adjusted correctly. Previous owner "said" he clearned the carbs, so that could mean anything. May have to crack open the carbs. Haven't messed with carbs since my Nitro powered RC days, lol.

Originally posted by steves View Post
                That is totally not right.

You should consider taking the carbs off the bike, doing a bench synch, then doing a synch with a carb stick.
                I did this to rule out the idle control screw. The idle did move when I adjusted the screw, however that only made the problem worse of course because I could not dial the idle down. I think I will have to take the carbs off.
                Last edited by redciv1; 03-31-2009, 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                FROM WORK:

Comment

Working...
                X