X

Figures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figures

I bought an ignition advancer from the Cyber Poet awhile ago but only got around to installing it today. Ecstatic with anticipation, I pulled the cover off to find what appears to be an advancer already installed (Denso part #48B2)! The tangs match up perfectly (nuts!). It appears I've been reaping the benefits of the advancer all these years and didn't even know it!

It is a California model kat (600, '90) so I wonder if it was installed at the factory; perhaps the previous owner installed it. Oh well, I guess the next logical step is the stage 1 kit from factory pro.

Anybody need an ignition advancer ?
    "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Better check you don't have the factory pro jet kit already...........

Comment

With the indents on the backside lined up, the pointer fingers still line up?

If you'd like, you can send it back a refund of the original purchase price (less shipping).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

wasnt denso the oem ignition rotor
        Chrome Project Part 1
        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
          wasnt denso the oem ignition rotor
          Yes, but they do make them in different advancement degrees for different markets. I thought the stock four-degree one was a 19E1 or some such... I ought to have one around here somewhere, unless I trashed it already.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well, the two rotors are indeed different. I guess the shape of the original rotor threw me off as it looks identical to the one I got from Cyberpoet. When I lined up the notches on both rotors the tangs were offset. This stock rotor looks nothing like the rotors in all of the how to's and instructional pictures. I installed the aftermarket rotor and I guess I'll wait to see if I notice a change.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            With the indents on the backside lined up, the pointer fingers still line up?

If you'd like, you can send it back a refund of the original purchase price (less shipping).

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet

Thanks for the offer

I'll hang on to it; it wouldn't be right to send it back after all this time. After looking more closely, the tangs on the rotors are aligned differently so it should be ok.
            Last edited by joe; 03-29-2009, 02:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

Been there , done that , dude . I resold my advancer the following day on KR (or was that KP ....) .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
                After looking more closely, the tangs on the rotors are aligned differently so it should be ok.
                Well, that makes sense. The fingers & protrusions should be spaced the same around the circle, just offset a bit more compared to the keyed indents in the back

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I jumped to conclusions and checked for similarity by comparing the new rotor with the old rotor on the bike. I had read in a few places that the hex bolt can be somewhat of a bugger to get out and I figured "well, since it is the same thing, there is no point in risking breaking that bolt".....but, it kept eating at me, especially after CyberPoet mentioned lining up the notches (all too obvious now, but it was late last night and I wasn't running on all cylinders ) so I decided to take the factory rotor off (without too much trouble, thankfully). Low and behold, big difference.

Thanks to all who offered pointers and suggestions!

Joe

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I will chalk this one up to a flare up of noob disease.

Comment

Working...
                      X