Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Thottle cable, Nut goes on top or bottom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thottle cable, Nut goes on top or bottom?

OK, so I installed the new throttle cable but still not sure if the nut on the carb in goes on top of the throttle support or on the bottom. It seems to go on the bottom because it looks to be a slot for the nut to go. The idle is still around 3-4K rpm. It seems if the nut is on the bottom, then it would allow the throttle lever to drop down more. When I bought the bike the previous owner had the nut on top of the bracket but it just doesn't look and feel right. Help!!!!
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

nut goes on the bottom
    89 kat 750
    2X 85 fz 750
    03 1100 v-star
    86 fz600 gawd I love this bike!!

Comment

See that is why I love the board. I thought it went on the bottom. Just made since and would give more adjust menant as well. Thanks SLY.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Um... not sure if you have a pre-98 (fill out your Garage profile, son!), but I know that on 98+, there's actually two nuts on each cable. One goes underneath the support and the other goes on top. When tightened together, they prevent the adjuster from turning on its own due to vibration, etc.
        "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I'm guessing you have a pre 600 or 750 reading thru your old posts. If so you should only have the one nut on the bottom adjuster.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Yeah I'm sorry. it's a 94.

Oh and I guess I should fill out my garage!!!
            FROM WORK:

Comment

Working...
            X