X

need some help with clutch plates already off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help with clutch plates already off

I have a kat o6 600 and i have been having clutch problems. i replaced the cable and that did not fix the problem. so i am now replacing the plates. i have them out right now but i am not to sure what i am looking at.
    the steel 7 plates are 1.90 MM thick
    the fiber 7 plates are 2.96 MM thick
    the 1 special plate is 3.47 MM thick

I also noticed that the steel 7 plates are blue. only about 1 to 2 of the plates are silver.

I dont know the thickness and i am not to sure if the blue good or bad. help please

you need to eather sand them to resurfece them or replace them. they got hot"burnt"
    sigpic

Comment

the thicker fiber plate goes in first, it's the first fiber in.

Comment

oh i know the thick one is in first, i am not to sure if the places are good anymore. i just took themout like 20 minutes ago, cuz i was going to go to the bike shop tomorrow to buy new ones. but i dont know anything about thickness of plates or anything. does anyone know the thickness of them. wouldnt sanding the steel ones down make it worse

Comment

yes he's right he's like the bike gooroo. if anyone knows it him
          sigpic

Comment

alright so i got the thickness and they are well within spec. just the steel plates are blue on the one side on most of them. would it be recommended to replace them then and what do thesprings do and do they need to be replaced also

Comment

you can just bead blast them bad boys. Otherwise replace them. Hell, you may be fine sanding them, I've just never done it.

Comment

I will prpbably just buy new steel plates but the other question is that with such extreme heat to turn the steel plates blue, will that also effect the fiber plates and their grab performance or will they be fine

Comment

They got hot from the clutch slipping. Make sure it is properly adjusted and not hanging up. Don't burn the clutch when shifting either and use the right oil.
                  Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

would i have to replace the fiber disks though, not the steel steel ones due to the extreme heat

Comment

Do they look cooked? Hard and brittle?
                      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

the fibers don't look cooked. the plate has little black pads all the way around in a circle and the outer part of the plate is like an army green kind of color. I know based on the manufacture specs that the fibers are well within spec for thickness so I am good there. just not to sure how to tell if they are brittle or hard. there doesn't look like there is any weird color changes on the fiber plates

what would your opinion be?

Comment

300 grit sand the steal plates and put it back together you will be fine
                          sigpic

Comment

if your planning on replacing anything you can get a complete after markeet clutch kit for what them steel plates would cost you anyway , and ive alwyas been told if your gonna take the time to fix it do it right the first time , steels, fibers, and springs is deffinatly what i would replace

Comment

yep, its all good, went to the bike shop today and bought full 15 plates today. just gotta wait a week before getting the new ones

Comment

Working...
                              X